By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Europe Fines Microsoft $1.3 Billion

MrBubbles said:
ummm....who cares about the euro trash anyways. If microsoft has an issue with it they could just finance revolutions in half the countries. Or even buy the countries, if they are feeling lazy. Microsoft makes more money than most of them.

Or if they are really mad, they could team up with exxon to take over the world!! muahahahhah
Keep thinking that you moron.

Around the Network

Europeans still love communism, eh? Hurt the big guys that are smart and make money.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm beginning to wonder as well. If you can't compete just fine the other guy into submission. The Commission should have given pricing guildlines so they're partly to blame.

mrstickball said:
Europeans still love communism, eh? Hurt the big guys that are smart and make money.

oh please. As if the USA doesnt have laws against monopolies and abuse of power in the market place.

Grow up and learn something before posting here.  Seriously, this is being a mod?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
mrstickball said:

oh please. As if the USA doesnt have laws against monopolies and abuse of power in the market place.

Grow up and learn something before posting here. Seriously, this is being a mod?

The largest antitrust fine in U.S. history was $500 million. Don't you think the billion+ dollar fines by the EC are just a little ridiculous? Especially their latest one in which Microsoft was actually complying but they "felt" it wasn't good enough?

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
nice job Europe! show them whose boss. The Windows OS needs to die. Unbuntu 8.4 (beta 5) FTW!

Indeed.

At least when the French and German bureaucrats decide they want something done (e.g. CAP), it gets done regardless of how much money the accused party has - notice the US not fining Microsoft?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

mrstickball said:

We fought on YOUR side AGAINST communism, remember? Europe is capitalist, democratic and also has better medical coverage than you pay 10x for, because we care.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I don't mind the fine, but I think 1.5 billion is a bit excessive.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

There are plenty of reasons to slap MS around but the European Commission is going overboard. 1.3 billion? C'mon, that's ridiculous.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Anti-European sentiments already?

This isn't because it's an american company, it's because they have a monopoly and were hiding information which isn't allowed. Read please.

And at MrBubbles, what the hell year is this? 1789?