By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank all Nintendo home consoles in terms of 3rd party support.

What is the worst Nintendo console with 3rd party support?

NES 3 1.26%

SNES 12 5.02%

N64 33 13.81%

GC 10 4.18%

Wii 23 9.62%

Wii U 137 57.32%

Yo Mama 21 8.79%

Total:239
spurgeonryan said:
I actually thought the N64 was pretty good. Sure the GC had better support, but the N64 actually had third party games that were really good.

Such as?

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
spurgeonryan said:
I actually thought the N64 was pretty good. Sure the GC had better support, but the N64 actually had third party games that were really good.

Such as?

Off the top of my head ... 

Turok 1/2/3, 007: The World Is Not Enough, Beetle Adventure Racing, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Episode I: Racer, South Park 64, WCW/NWO, San Fransico Rush, Mortal Kombat 4, Silicon Valley, Body Harvest, Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey, Snowball Kids, Int'l Superstar Soccer, Castlevania 64, Wipeout 64, most of these were exclusive too. 

SNES
NES
GC
Wii
N64
WiiU

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

spurgeonryan said:

Let me get out my entire collection of N64 games and read them off to you... :P

Shadowman

Buck Bumble

Rocket Robot on Wheels

Space Station Silicon Valley

Beetle Adventure Racing

( I guess you will not allow me to use RARE games right?)

Shadows of the Empire

Naboo game

Other Star Wars games ( including pod racer)

Ridge Racer

Command and Conquer

Starcraft

Dojin the giant

Mystical Ninja

Tony Hawk 1+2

Now see if you can make a GC list faster than that!

I'd feel bad about comparing GameCube games to those. It would be a horrifying thing to watch. The mere thought of the brutality of the N64's complete bodying is making me queasy.

Come on, you used Star Wars games against the GameCube. Rogue Leader puts everything on N64 to shame. You also used two Tony Hawk games, when GameCube has three (good) games in that series.

It would be much more fair for me to compare that library to the Wii U's third-party games, but I don't even feel the need to at this point. Just look at those games. I submit your list itself as evidence that the N64 has the weakest third-party support of any Nintendo home console, and rest my case.

Also, all of my GC games are at a friend's house right now, so I can't consult them at the moment. Even if I could, I had pretty shitty taste when I was 12 or whatever... and yet I'm sure most of my GC games hold up pretty well to what you've listed.

N64 did ok for third party support considering it used $70 cartridges, lol. If Nintendo had come to their senses and compromised with a CD-drive added to the system they would've had incredible third party support.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
spurgeonryan said:

Such as?

Off the top of my head ... 

Turok 1/2/3, 007: The World Is Not Enough, Beetle Adventure Racing, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Episode I: Racer, South Park 64, WCW/NWO, San Fransico Rush, Mortal Kombat 4, Silicon Valley, Body Harvest, Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey, Snowball Kids, Int'l Superstar Soccer, Castlevania 64, Wipeout 64, most of these were exclusive too. 

Castlevania 64? You're not serious.

Those games might be good, but they're hardly exceptional, especially by modern standards.

How can someone vote in SNES as the worst? Does not compute

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
How can someone vote in SNES as the worst? Does not compute

Maybe those 5 persons hate that it got more 3rd party support than their favorite or they just want to hate, who knows

spurgeonryan said:

Well, we are not comparing visuals, just amount of good third party games or support. That first Star Wars game on GC was the first game I bought and still to this day looks amazing!

I wasn't trying to compare visuals. Rogue Leader is a much, much better game than its predecessor, visuals aside. Rebel Strike is also great, though not as consistently great as Rogue Leader. But considering it contains the entirety of Rogue Leader as a co-op campaign, it's probably the best in the series. Tony Hawk 3-4 and THUG1 also hold up well compared to THPS 1 & 2. I consider them all roughly equal in terms of pure gameplay quality, but the customization options available in later titles might give them the edge.

spurgeonryan said:
the_dengle said:
spurgeonryan said:

Well, we are not comparing visuals, just amount of good third party games or support. That first Star Wars game on GC was the first game I bought and still to this day looks amazing!

I wasn't trying to compare visuals. Rogue Leader is a much, much better game than its predecessor, visuals aside. Rebel Strike is also great, though not as consistently great as Rogue Leader. But considering it contains the entirety of Rogue Leader as a co-op campaign, it's probably the best in the series. Tony Hawk 3-4 and THUG1 also hold up well compared to THPS 1 & 2. I consider them all roughly equal in terms of pure gameplay quality, but the customization options available in later titles might give them the edge.

So are you allowing RARE games on my list? :P

That depends. Are you allowing Retro, Monolith Soft, and GameFreak games on GC/Wii/Wii U lists?