By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Youkai Watch coming to the West, will it be popular?

Youkai Watch, will it be popular in the west?

Yes 8 22.86%

No 3 8.57%

Yes, as a fad 4 11.43%

No. It'll flop hard 5 14.29%

It will become moderately successful 15 42.86%

Other 0 0%

Total:35
StarOcean said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea but if they release the game before the anime, I doubt its gonna be too successful... I think it will end up like monster hunter in the sense that its freaskishly popular in japan but not in the west, least until the release the anime and it gets going

Ive only really paid attention to gaming news regarding this series. Do we know if they plan on releasing the show to the west as well or not?

Not that I know of, I know they did a few serveys about if people want the series but nothing really offical yet from what I heard

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think it'll do okay. Although even if the West does get the anime, I still Japan will make up the majority of sales. At least I'll probably buy it.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

StarOcean said:

Yea but if they release the game before the anime, I doubt its gonna be too successful... I think it will end up like monster hunter in the sense that its freaskishly popular in japan but not in the west, least until the release the anime and it gets going

Ive only really paid attention to gaming news regarding this series. Do we know if they plan on releasing the show to the west as well or not?

Not that I know of, I know they did a few serveys about if people want the series but nothing really offical yet from what I heard

Hmm well hopefully they do put it out here

Not without a localized anime in prime time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It was also stated a while ago that they were in talks of bringing the anime over as well. With strong advertising to go along with the anime/game/toyline, I think it could be a pretty big hit. Not Pokemon big but maybe Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh/Beyblade big.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
It just might, they will have to change that name first.

no, they don't

Click HERE and be happy 

All they have to do is look at how well Tomodachi Life was marketed.

If they play their cards right and release the anime as well, this'll be a success.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3