By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

Ninsect said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
eva01beserk said:

If that were true, then they would probably get a chromecast for $35 that does all those media things. And if they are casuals that dont care much for gaming the will get the $100 amazon fire tv, wich has some games, not as good ovbiusly, and has all the media crap for a much lower price. There is no reason to give $400, $500 for the real experience they offer, for this media crap.

Bolded my point to make this clear. If I'm a parent and I'm going to drop $400 on a console my son/daughter/dog/whatever is going to make me buy anyway, should I go for the system that only plays games or the one that plays games and has media stuff?

Besides, Microsoft's marketing has been, for the lack of a better word, meh lately.

Are we talking about PS4 vs. N64 here or something? Lol

Looks like MS' marketing has worked on someone, at least.

Yeah, it did :P

Backtracking. 3:1, if it keeps up its momentum. I'm sorry, Microsoft, but your fortunes depend on markets that aren't your strongholds.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
eva01beserk said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1.
2014 was a bad year for X1...

Why would next year be any better? So far they have anounced less exclusives for next year, and sony has anounced at least double the a,ount of exclusves(And I mean AAA) and evenly distributed across the year. So people will look at that data going into the holidays and still be tripled in sales. Next year I expect 4-5 times in the begining of the year.

Because next year it will be available in more regions for the whole year, and will have more exclusives like Halo 5. Plus there could be a price drop. 

4-5 times is possible but that's because PS4 will have 2 big exclusives in the beginning of the year compared to one for X1. 

Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1. 
2014 was a bad year for X1...

But it had Titanfall this year, along with some other console exclusives (timed or otherwise)

Titanfall was the main exclusive and it turned out not to be as big of a system seller as some were expecting. 

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

QB is definitely not early/1st half of 2015. Just no way.

Even if it was, TF is a lot more appealing to the masses than QB will be.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
Ninsect said:

Reasoning being?

WiiU is doing even worse than GC. XBOX One slightly better than XBOX 1 currently. PS4 breaking PS2's record. I don't see why not. Once the big games start coming out we'll see some domination, starting with Destiny.

I like your confidence Pez but I'll only write off XB1 like that if it still sells about 1/3 of PS4 this holiday.

true_fan said:
I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

problem is there closer to 5k per week, once the launch period settles down, they are tiny markets about 10% of the original 13

Ninsect said:

With PS4 selling around 4.2m in 2013 and reaching over 10m just a few days ago, we can safely say that PS4 has sold around 5.8m in 2014.

VGC data says Xbox One has sold ~2m in 2014.

5.8/2 = 2.9 which means PS4 has outsold Xbox One 2.9:1 in 2014 or around 3:1 if we round up for simplicity

Is this something that will continue? Something you expected back in 2013? Something you never dreamed of? 

I personally think it is something that will accelerate.  As more people get the PS4, even more of their friends will follow.

true_fan said:

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

true_fan said:

No one is stopping you from wondering. Keep it going.

All those no games are doing great on PS4 so far.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com