By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who the heck will buy Bayo 2

reggin_bolas said:

You have a sequel whose predecessor was released on two different platforms, and whose current audience comprises mainly of Nintendo fantasts (early adopters who only buy Nintendo first party titles) who most likely never played the first one.

You do know that Bayonetta 1 is included, and enhanced, right?

And the fact that the current Wii U audience is too skewed towards Nintendo "fantasts" (whatever that means) is precisely what makes this such a good move by Nintendo. Broadens the appeal of the system, increases the chance of people who aren't Nintendo "fantasts" buying the system.

And by the way, I'm planning to buy it (about 90% sure I'll get it at release). So are a lot of other people. Some will be fans of the first game. Others, like me, will be new to the franchise.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I don't know, it's a weird one. Nintendo seems to be marketing this one so it might end up with 1m sales lifetime, which is a success for this type of game.

what the f...you startled me,for me 2-m!however 1m it is good...

Cheebee said:
Haven't we had 678 of these exact same threads already? Get over it.

I just realized, and forgive my slowness, that to acquire the rights to publish a moderately successful niche franchise which was originally published outside your platform is probably the most assanine business decision one could make. 

Isn't that like buying a sports team and moving it to a different city, far... far away lol? 

spurgeonryan said:
Looks awesome though, so I will get it!

Don't you buy all games anyway?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Me, because I am cool that way

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
spurgeonryan said:
Looks awesome though, so I will get it!

Don't you buy all games anyway?

yes,he does :p

reggin_bolas said:
Cheebee said:

I just realized, and forgive my slowness, that to acquire the rights to publish a moderately successful niche franchise which was originally published outside your platform is probably the most assanine business decision one could make. 

Isn't that like buying a sports team and moving it to a different city, far... far away lol? 

Oh yes. Please share more of this wisdom of yours, we are frothing with anticipation.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

People who enjoy good game play

Cheebee said:
reggin_bolas said:
Cheebee said:

Oh yes. Please share more of this wisdom of yours, we are frothing with anticipation.

My penis is frothing in anticipation of Nintendo's next business savy acquisition. 

reggin_bolas said:
Cheebee said:

In this particular analogy, the team would have to move, or stop playing the same sport altogether. And instead of moving far away, they'd be moving to the other end of town and a dfferent stadium.

In any case, it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo did this. Arika's Deep Blue series was PS2 exclusive until Nintendo decided to publish it as Endless Ocean on Wii. And prior to Xenoblade, there'd never been a Xeno game on a Nintendo system.

It's not not about taking something away from others, but about ensuring the prevalence of good content.