By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii platinum sellers watch

Platinums of the week: Ben 10: Protector of Earth, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Golds of the week: MySims Kindom.

Big Beach Sports will go platinum next week. Petz Catz, Nerf N Strike and Sports Party will hit gold next week.

After Jan 09, Wii will have at least 100 gold games and about 45 platinum. Great!!

Around the Network

Big Beach Sports is now platinum. Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party will be platinum as soon as American sales come up. Has to be one of the fastest selling 3rd party games ever aside from the Guitar Heroes. Ubisoft really has established that spinoff well. Not to mention each game keeps getting better.

looks like RRR: TV party is gonna be the highest selling one in the series. Amazing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

this needs to updated... he can use the games and such from my list... there are like 4 games listed as dead in the water that are approaching 1 mil, or are already 1 million.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

This really should be updated.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

December edition:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2781

from now on I will start cutting and pasting the new article to the front article on here, that way it stays updated.

Great article. I'll give my predictions for the next 3 months soon.

Over the next 3 months we should still get a healthy flow of million sellers. If there was any console that got a hell of a lot titles in range to go platinum, it was the Wii. Thing is just a software beast. Anyways in the next 3 months here's the titles I feel should go platinum:

House of Dead 2 & 3 Return
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party
Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
Sonic Unleashed
Guinness World Records

Other titles that could surprise us could be Madden 08, High School Musical 3, and Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour.

Now there are also a decent amount of games releasing in the first 3 months of 2008. It's hard to tell how some of these will do but these are the ones releasing that I feel will go platinum eventually in their lifecycle:

Mario Tennis GC Remake
SimAnimals
HoD: Overkill
Pikmin GC Remake
Sonic and the Black Knight

Not to go out on a limb here but I do think games like MadWorld and FFCC: Echoes of Time have a great shot at going platinum. For MadWorld I think it has a really really good shot but I'll need more time to make that prediction. Get closer to release.

Some might think I'm going out on a limb with SimAnimals but I think this should have no issue. It'll fly under the radar at launch but it'll take off as it progresses.

I don't think Echoes of Time will do it because the bulk of its sales will be from the DS version (which is going to be bundled with the DSi in Japan).

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"