By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokémon Trading Card Game Is Coming To iPad This Year

Confirmed during Pokémon World Championship

It has been confirmed that The Pokémon Trading Card Game is making the leap to the iPad this year.

The news broke at the ongoing Pokémon World Championship when Josh Wittenkeller tweeted an image of the game in action on Apple's tablet device.

Kotaku has since received confirmation from The Pokémon Company that the game will launch later in 2014.

It marks the first time that The Pokémon Company has released a full game on iOS, and could give the popular card game Hearthstone some serious competition.

What are your thoughts on this move? Is it a clever way of gaining some additional profit from iOS, or does it mark the beginning of a shift away from Nintendo platforms? Share your feelings with a comment below.

[via eurogamer.net]

Around the Network

Is this a good or bad move by Nintendo? Discuss the future of Nintendo mobile releases.

You should change topic title to "Pokemon is coming to iPad". That will grap people's attention. :-p

I wonder what game will be next.

Hearthstone works really well on the iPad so I'm excited about this. Played the card game many years ago so I still remember all the rules and such but I wonder what the metagame is like now.

I already did this thread.

Around the Network
padib said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Is this a good or bad move by Nintendo? Discuss the future of Nintendo mobile releases.

I think that The Pokemon Company isn't fully owned by Nintendo and so is kind of independent.

I'm sure Nintendo approved the decision but there is some form of independence in the partnership. I'm sure Nintendo also saw this as a good monetary move as well as a good way to test the grounds of releasing their franchises on smart devices.

Well now that you mention it people where fighting about that in the comment section of that article lol.I looked it up and Nintendo founded the Pokemon company 1998 to basically run the Pokemon brand. I think they step it to handle the worldwide release of Red and Blue. Its a separate corporate entity which makes it a subicitary of Nintendo I guess.

Ka-pi96 said:
Bad move. They should have put it on 3DS...

Its on the European Eshop already. Its supposed to get a NA soon.

Ka-pi96 said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Bad move. They should have put it on 3DS...

Its on the European Eshop already. Its supposed to get a NA soon.

Never knew that.... guess I should probably get that soon then, thanks

They sort of sealth released it without much fanfare. Anyway your welcome :).

This is also on the Australian eshop as well.

I already posted this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188607
See?