By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Bloodborne will release in December 2014

This is why Suarez bites people.

Around the Network

I believe it will be released March. Also, I think Sony said the game will be shipped within 6 months. Couldn't it mean that it could go gold at the end of February but release in March.

Ucell said:

The reason for this are many:

1. To begin with, Sony hinted at a release within next 6 months. That means it will release between now and February 2015. Now the release schedule for PS4 exclusives currently looks like this

September N/A 
October Driveclub
November LBP 3
December ??
January N/A
February TO: 1886

Nw September release is out of question, and January is a very slow month everywhere in the world for video game sales and hence would be a bad time to release a highly anticipated game.

A holiday release would be beneficial to sales of the game itself and the sales of PS4 due to Bloodborne. Also Sony have a PS4 exclusive lined up for each month in the holiday so far, except December, and Bloodborne would be a perfect fit for that.

2. The system is not selling well in Japan. Bloodborne can easily be a system seller in the country. And there is no better time to release Bloodborne in Japan than in December, Japan's equivalent of a holiday season. If it releases in Japan in December, its likely to release everywhere in December, as Dark Souls games also have a history of releasing everywhere at around the same time.

Tearaway is coming in 2014. Maybe December?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

fireburn95 said:
Ucell said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Sony said early 2015, so unless they delay it then I don't think so.

But at Gamescom, they stated it would be relesaed in the next 6 months. It seems unlikely that they will let it slip past the holiday season in that case.

I hope it does release this year, can't wait for it.

They said these games (referring to more than 1) will release in the next 6 months yes. That puts it as end of march the latest, which is six months and a few days as they probably are starting their soony countdown at the end of this month. 

But confirmed for 2015. I'm guessing march because its a good time to release games.

Isn't the Order also releasing in March?  I think Sony would want to space things out a little bit more (though sometimes they're retarded with release schedules like having Puppeteer a week before GTA5).  Maybe February or even January or hell I doubt anyone would be counting dates if they just released it in April instead.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I don't think so. I think Sony's wording at Gamescom is that it will ship within the next 6 months, which probably means it'll be in stores for a March release although it could be Jan as well! (March more likely!)

Around the Network

Not december. February 2015 is the most likely.

bubblegamer said:
Not december. February 2015 is the most likely.

They would be stupid to release it in Feb, with all those other games including another PS4 exclusive.

So the developer explicitly stated that it will come in 2015 but now they're not gonna finish the game and rush it into December because some guy on VGC said it's unlikely?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TGS is still to come, and I wouldn't be shocked to find a surprise 2014 release given the various studios that haven't announced projects yet AND the need to boost JPN sales.

EDIT : Not meaning Bloodborne by what I said, obviously, but something else entirely.

the Chance for a december 2015 release is bigger than december 2014
but i doubt it will be that late in 2015
i go from march to september