By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Week 32 (August 04 - 10)

DerNebel said:
Where does the Wii U boost come from? And at least the PS4 isn't dropping below 5k

some holiday in japan

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
DerNebel said:
Where does the Wii U boost come from? And at least the PS4 isn't dropping below 5k

Perhaps some hardcore musou fans are getting the console a few days before Hyrule Warriors is released?

I have no idea if this was corrected, but Wii U's boost has nothing to do with Hyrule Warriros. Lots of wishful thinking.

Why not?

Smear-Gel said:
outlawauron said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
DerNebel said:

Perhaps some hardcore musou fans are getting the console a few days before Hyrule Warriors is released?

I have no idea if this was corrected, but Wii U's boost has nothing to do with Hyrule Warriros. Lots of wishful thinking.

Why not?

Because there's other reasons for it (like the bundle that was released). To focus on HW itself, we can realize it's not a huge game. Slow pickups do happen, but not for titles that may open at 100k FW. Those are moderately sized games. Look at the PS3 before it got its musou titles, it was flat in the weeks before the games released (Gundam Musou and Dynasty Warrirors 6). There's no pattern or trend that can lead you to believe Hyrules Warriors was responsible for a 4-5k boost.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
TGS better have something for the PS4.

I'm still predicting a new resident evil.

That would definitely help. They just need to get some games out that appeal to Japanese gamers that can only be bought on PS4. Then we'll see some improvement on PS4's situation in Japan.

outlawauron said:
Smear-Gel said:
outlawauron said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
DerNebel said:

Because there's other reasons for it (like the bundle that was released). To focus on HW itself, we can realize it's not a huge game. Slow pickups do happen, but not for titles that may open at 100k FW. Those are moderately sized games. Look at the PS3 before it got its musou titles, it was flat in the weeks before the games released (Gundam Musou and Dynasty Warrirors 6). There's no pattern or trend that can lead you to believe Hyrules Warriors was responsible for a 4-5k boost.

Not saying i disagree but we'll see next week is wat you say is true or not. If WiiU stays in the 12k-14k range i guess it was just holiday/etc, but if its over lets say 16k? 17k? Then it might of just been HW :) 

Around the Network

I hope SE doesn't see those DQX sales and think "Gamez don't sell on teh WiiUs!," instead of the much more obvious and correct "We are sick and tired of you shoving this MMO crap down our throats."

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Smear-Gel said:

Why not?

Most likely because very few people buy the console more than 1 week before the actual game comes out. The boost for this numbers are most likely the obon week that started last week and goes till this one, as Nintendo consoles usually benefit from holidays the most.

Hyrule Warriors could help the Wii U but it will do it on this week sales (which we will see in next week report)

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Not saying i disagree but we'll see next week is wat you say is true or not. If WiiU stays in the 12k-14k range i guess it was just holiday/etc, but if its over lets say 16k? 17k? Then it might of just been HW :) 

Well, I expect the Wii U to definitely get a boost because it's getting a new game. I just don't think the game is big enough to believe it had a pre-release boost.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I expect the Wii U to definitely get a boost because it's getting a new game. I just don't think the game is big enough to believe it had a pre-release boost.

Well how do we kno it didn't? Looking at Hardware sales last week, WiiU is the only one with a major boost. 3DS had 2 new game releases that makes sense for being up 3-4k, but WiiU had DQ which is another re release and didn't sell well at all. Yes i believe the holidays had an effect but i think a little thanks goes to HW. Wasnt WiiU Increasing Week over Week for 2-3 weeks as well?

If WiiU sales are over 20k i think its safe to say HW had a help in with pre release week sales :)  The matter of the fact is we all just have opinions but unfortunately no real facts :-/

tbone51 said:

Then it might of just been HW :) 

Or because includes the main portion of Obon (13th-15th).