By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many metroids is the wii going to see?

kingofwale said:
stof said:
funny king. Corruption is on track to sell a hell of a lot more than Echoes.

and Wii is on track to destroy GC, your point being? You'd expect it to sell more on a much more successful console, especially with a control system that was deemed (by Nintendo) to be better than keyboard and mouse control.

To be fair, the amount of people who own Wiis doesn't mean sh*t to developers in the long run for this. They care only about how many copies their game sells. If the game sells enough copies to be profitable and sells more than their last project, they're doing very well regardless of other factors.

Around the Network

I just though that a metroid that uses both 3d and 2d would be cool. It would be new and I would love it. YOU get the side scroller features that you get in the 2ds but then you get the first person that you get in the prime series.

Being in a "hybrid-genre" Metroid Prime has always had trouble selling at a level similar to games which are similar in quality and content but they have still been amazingly profitable games. I don't see another Metroid Prime game for several years though because I expect Retro to move onto other projects and for Nintendo to leave this series on the back-burner.

HappySqurriel said:

Being in a "hybrid-genre" Metroid Prime has always had trouble selling at a level similar to games which are similar in quality and content but they have still been amazingly profitable games. I don't see another Metroid Prime game for several years though because I expect Retro to move onto other projects and for Nintendo to leave this series on the back-burner.

I don't ever see another prime since 3 was the last but I see other metroid games. I think we could see another 3d metroid in 3 or 4 years. 

None ,the guys of retro are taking a break from the metroid franchises but Im sure there will be another metroid the ds and probably a wii ware game.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a MP Trilogy being released with updated Wii controls....

Of course I would prefer an expansive 2d game ala Super Metroid but in a larger world.