By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo do a Gamescom stream like everyone else?

Why Nintendo why?

Because they like E3 better? 42 52.50%

Scared of competition? 21 26.25%

I'm here to troll 17 21.25%

Total:80

Because they're not relevant.

Around the Network

I don't remember them ever doing a conference at Gamescom, maybe they did years ago but I don't know. They just do E3 and their own Directs instead of using these conventions.

Combination of not wanting to distract attention away from Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2, NOE restructuring, and probably preferring to do something around TGS.

PattonFiend said:
MrUnagi said:

It's kind of ridiculous that they (Nintnedo) do not do a stream at Gamescom. Does anybody want to speculate on why?

What is ridiculous is that your favorite gaming companies are now copying Nintendo...again...

How exactly?

iwata and myamoto actually issued a statement why, they had a big staff meeting and everybody felt the same way. 

if you want to know the reason why nintendo excusitives didnt want to do gamescom breifing, here is what they said was their reason. you can find it here

Around the Network

So there's no chance we'll get to see some new trailers from already announced games?

Samus Aran said:

So there's no chance we'll get to see some new trailers from already announced games?

No there isn't. Nintendo's attending, but they just have a booth there. They released a pretty long trailer of upcoming Wii U games yesterday (as well as a few that are out already), but it consisted of things they've shown before, nothing new.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046