By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Rise of the Tomb Raider sell?

So how much on X1?

<500k 98 21.12%

1m 102 21.98%

1.5m 100 21.55%

2m 79 17.03%

2.5m 18 3.88%

3m 9 1.94%

>3m 58 12.50%

Total:464

I'll say 500K to 750K. Could be more if bundled.

Tomb Raider (2013) sales
1.71M on XB360 with userbase of ~80M.
0.17M on XB1 with userbase of ~5M.

Attach rate 2 to 3%.  Boost a little for exclusivity + marketing.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Under 2mil if its a x1 exclusive.

drake_tolu said:
more than 2,000,000.

U think it will sell more than Tomb Raider sold on 80M XB360 userbase?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
drake_tolu said:
more than 2,000,000.

Yes.

And sorry, but you predition 500,000-750,000 is fucknig impossible.

The userbase? much of the userbase of PlayStation will buy this game, and much of boxari will buy this game only because is eclusive.

When one game is EXCLUSIVE, is one important game for the user.

Minimum 1,500,000.

drake_tolu said:
ICStats said:
drake_tolu said:
more than 2,000,000.

Yes.

And sorry, but you predition 500,000-750,000 is fucknig impossible.

The userbase? much of the userbase of PlayStation will buy this game, and much of boxari will buy this game only because is eclusive.

When one game is EXCLUSIVE, is one important game for the user.

Minimum 1,500,000.

I dont understand....how would the userbase on PS buy this game if it is a MS exclusive?

Around the Network
overman1 said:

I dont understand....how would the userbase on PS buy this game if it is a MS exclusive?

Now that there's no Indiana Jones action-adventure game on the PS, millions of PS fans will jump ship.

Oh wait Uncharted 4 is launching in the same period, never mind.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

Tomb Raider (2013) sales

You're forgetting a few things. First that the demographic of the 80 million 360s(of which 20 million probably aren't even used anymore) is a lot different than the demographic of the X1. The percentage of core gamers on X1 is significantly higher. The game still sold bad because a lot of these core gamers already played it on 360.

So it's really hard to go off these numbers. The only thing you can say for sure is that there exist at least 1.5 million TR fans on the Xbox side. How many of those will have an XX1 by the time it's released? No clue. But taking attach rates that are skewed for both console probably isn't the best approach.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
ICStats said:

Tomb Raider (2013) sales

You're forgetting a few things. First that the demographic of the 80 million 360s(of which 20 million probably aren't even used anymore) is a lot different than the demographic of the X1. The percentage of core gamers on X1 is significantly higher. The game still sold bad because a lot of these core gamers already played it on 360.

So it's really hard to go off these numbers. The only thing you can say for sure is that there exist at least 1.5 million TR fans on the Xbox side. How many of those will have an XX1 by the time it's released? No clue. But taking attach rates that are skewed for both console probably isn't the best approach.

Yeah I'm open to being off, but I tried to make a logical conclusion instead of pulling something out of thin air.

By the time the title is released, I think less than 20% of XB360 owners will have an XB1 - so trivially speaking 20% of 1.5 million is ~300K.  Likewise a 2.5% attach rate on say, 15M user base at the time is just 375K.

Since as you say, the attach rates are skewed, and accounting for special marketing and other things - I doubled that.  Still I think those who think it will sell over 2 Million are on some good crack.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
overman1 said:

Now that there's no Indiana Jones action-adventure game on the PS, millions of PS fans will jump ship.

Oh wait Uncharted 4 is launching in the same period, never mind.

lol at first i was like 

ICStats said:
vivster said:
ICStats said:

Tomb Raider (2013) sales

Yeah I'm open to being off, but I tried to make a logical conclusion instead of pulling something out of thin air.

By the time the title is released, I think less than 20% of XB360 owners will have an XB1 - so trivially speaking 20% of 1.5 million is ~300K.  Likewise a 2.5% attach rate on say, 15M user base at the time is just 375K.

Since as you say, the attach rates are skewed, and accounting for special marketing and other things - I doubled that.  Still I think those who think it will sell over 2 Million are on some good crack.

Of course they are. Square Enix are always on something when doing games or business.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.