By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Back to the past: why World at War is better than Modern Warfare

Tagged games:

BraveNewWorld said:
World at War is a great game but tanks and large multiplayer maps hold it back from being better than Call of Duty 4.

Tanks were pretty bad, I agree, but I actually liked some of the bigger maps. It actually made sniping fun and challenging, imo.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I also prefer World at War. The campaign was much more brutal as you said and the multiplayer maps were very well designed. Sure the killstreaks were ridiculous, but that can be said about most of these games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Man AW is a piece of junk! i played Titanfall and didn't like it now im not gonna play this piece of trash which is just a copy of Titanfall and a bit of BF and a bit of halo, hope this game doesn't sell but we all know that it will :'(

Add me if u want :)

Sony-For-Life said:
Man AW is a piece of junk! i played Titanfall and didn't like it now im not gonna play this piece of trash which is just a copy of Titanfall and a bit of BF and a bit of halo, hope this game doesn't sell but we all know that it will :'(

This thread is not about Advanced Warfare.

In my experience of all Call of Duty's (SP/MP); from the very first in the series, to MW2. MW has a much fuller and well rounded multiplayer. WAW and all prior (World War) games had a better singleplayer campaign.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Sony-For-Life said:

This thread is not about Advanced Warfare.

Why thank u good sir for mentioning this! i know but still the latest COD gonna be AW and then IW's game not the MW series and AW is more like MW than WAW and black ops dont u think? but ok i get it u must feel really old in this site!

Add me if u want :)

i couldnt disagree more.

I went back and played modern warfare several times, w@w was the worst, i never finished it or felt compelled to.

To each thier own.

A ww2 trip again? meh, maybe. im not a big fan of the guns available then, but if they could make it as good as CoD2, maybe it has potential.