By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased review: Trine 2 - Director's Cut

Hmmm no one here seems to like it all that much... I've only played the demo, but that I LIKED! Sad to hear it's kinda boring; was looking forward to it

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I agree with this review wholehearty. Beautiful game, but way too boring.

Trine 2 is the best ps4 ps plus free game

I got this game for the PS4 on PS+, and I wouldn't have played it otherwise either. But I really enjoyed it. I played through it several times over, got the platinum trophy and everything. It was one of the hardest games I ever played, quite tedious at times too, but I liked it a lot. The only major fault I can agree with is the poor collision detection, because when you're playing on hard hardcore mode, it results in a lot of cheap deaths. But I think the levels are beautifully done, with quite a lot of variety in their appearance, if not the gameplay. I can understand that it's not for everyone, though.

the idea is awesome, gorgeous visuals, platform/puzzle is my favorite kind of game.
but it is too boring.
meh

i didnt finish and i dont regret it.
i regret only starting the game.

but dragon crown is cool.

Around the Network

i don`t agree, it was the first game i have played on my wii u and i loved it, maybe because i`m a big fan of puzzle games.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

RolStoppable said:
So if everyone agrees that Trine 2 is not good, then why is the Metascore 30 points higher than mine?

Because artsy and indie aren't enough to push the score over 90, story and cutscenes are needed for that.

I really enjoyed Trine 2. There was barrier to my enjoyment though. I had to adapt to its slow pace and play style. I'd say it's far from boring. One of my favourite indie platformers. That said there is room for improvement when it comes to the controls. They could have been tightened up a lot.

KylieDog said:
As I say in every Trine 2 topic, the second game is ass compared to the first.

The remaster they are making (using the Trine 2 engine) that should be good, right?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

KylieDog said:
TomaTito said:
KylieDog said:
As I say in every Trine 2 topic, the second game is ass compared to the first.

The remaster they are making (using the Trine 2 engine) that should be good, right?

Depends if they change anything.

I'll be on the look out for that

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"