By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should be my next game purchase?

Which game should I buy?

Lego City Undercover 25 32.47%

Pikmin 3 51 66.23%

Total:76

Littlebigplanet 3 ;)

Around the Network

Lego city... i enjoy playing some lego games.

hmm... Thats a difficult decision to make... Just let me point a few things from both.

Lego City story:

- Story is great. funny and full of surprising moments.
- Characters have a lot of charm. Specially Chase. Chase is always funny, Rex is the bad/funny kind of villian, but is more like that friend who plays the bad role to look cooler. All in all a lot of funny characters. Frank is awesome btw.
- Gameplay is ok, moving freely and driving pretty much everything you can find. Vehicules are somewhat slow though. Fighting is ok, but is not the main focus of the game.
- Tons, but I really mean tons of collectibles.
- Collecting legos to built the superbuildings is really rewarding.
- Nice visuals, some of the best views on the wiiU.
- Music was just ok.

Pikmin 3:

- Charming game. The game is very different from most games, so it may not be for everybody. I played it for several weeks after release and then some after the DLC missions, but my brother did not even bother try it.
- Story is like most nintendo games, short but it sets the tone of the game.
-Visuals are awesome! Best looking game IMO on the wiiU. Donot let the blurry floor-shots trick you. The game looks stunning.
- Music is very good. Not on the same level as DK or MK8, but very good.
-The different characters are a nice touch, not so much going on on this department though.
-Whenever I play any Pikmin, I always feel the pressure of not losing any of my Pikmins, but it is just to damn hard not to. Lots of replay value for me since I keep trying to save them all. ;_;
- Bosses can be very challenging.
-Excellent item and time management are mandatory.

I hope it helps!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Pikmin 3 is worth every cent, I've had a blast playing it even though it kicked my ass sometimes.

Well... I have them both... But honestly didnt enjoy either of them as much as i thought I would... If you had to get one, I would say pikmin... But honestly I would wait and get hyrule warriors or something...

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Well... I have them both... But honestly didnt enjoy either of them as much as i thought I would... If you had to get one, I would say pikmin... But honestly I would wait and get hyrule warriors or something...

exactly all this.

Sadly, I am yet to play either but my friend gives Pikmin 3 a glowing review. Says its one of the best games he has played in a while (and he rarely likes games these days).

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Thanks for all the reviews and help, wow Pikmin jumped into a huge lead. Will let you know my decision on the time of purchase.

If you've never played through a Pikmin game before you have to at least give it a try. With Lego City you pretty much know what you are getting, but Pikmin is unlike any other game. Really creative, fun and challenging. I just completed the game a couple weeks ago and found it to be a great experience.

run away! 

I prefer Pikmin 3 but both are a really good time

:)