By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Money is made from software sales. Here in NA the 360 is still king. The sky isn't falling you ps3 freaks. ^_^

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
its not over for 360 yet. that 80gb bundle will kill any price drop or new sku ms has to offer.

here is the lineup for ps3 in 08: infamous, resistance 2, killzone 2, getaway 3, eight days, heavy rain, metal gear solid 4, tekken (cnt member what number), gt5p, ff7, gt5, and way more over 300(HAH!  LOL!  300 exclusives in one year?  No.  Not a chance.  Even including the multiplats, it's extremely unlikely.  Where did you get this information?) in fact

360: ninja gaiden 2, gears 2, fable 2, apb, Splinter Cell, Left 4 Dead, Warhound, Alan Wake... just look at my videos

now add home, free psn, in game xmb, blu ray, playtv, and all that good stuff o ya ds3 to the ps3 games and tell me in your honest opinion and dont be a fanboy, which you would rather have in 08 (Wait, did you just say not to be a fanboy, but then ask what console we'd like to buy?  Ok.... fail)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbFWIYIp-c0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbFWIYIp-c0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBO3mZaBOHg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBO3mZaBOHg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

So, 360 has a shitty '08 lineup, eh?

(Note: A few of those are for '09, but you get my point)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
dabaus513 said:
madskillz said:
It's not over. When the PS3 is beating the 360 by Wiilike numbers, then I'll believe it.

It's a host of reasons - including folks picking it up as a Blu Ray player with the war over. If you think these folks will just happen to migrate over and use it for gaming, think again. Think about it - sure it's selling, but are software numbers up as well? Sony used their PS brand to pimp Blu Ray. It's paying off, but not for gamers.

The target audiance for people that buy blu ray players are probalby middle aged males.What of sexes stereotypically games? Oh yes, males. Chances are if some one buys a ps3 for blu ray they know what they are getting themseleves into. Id bet that they have kids. Im pretty sure that there are regular blu ray players for the same price if not cheaper than the ps3 anyways.

I'm a member of High Def Digest forum and a number of folks bought a PS3 and haven't bought a single game. Plus, some want to buy a standalone player instead. With the clear winner in the HD format war, folks are looking at what the PS3 offers vs. standalone players. When the PS3 does the same thing and even more than the other players on the market, which would you pick? Do the math.

Make no mistake - yeah, the PS3 is catching fire, but the Wii is a console purely and winning folks. The PS3 has the unique position of being a console and a Blu Ray player. The only way to see if the PS3 is being picked up by folks as a console is to watch the software numbers. If the PS3's attach rates jump, sure ... it's beating the 360 in the console wars. However, if folks are just picking it up because it plays Blu Ray - and I know a guy that did just that - and bought a few Blu Rays, but didn't buy any games, nor does he plan to. He just enjoys his Blu Rays.

When the software attach rates coorespond with the hardware rates, it's on. 

@Madskillz: I did that. I didn't have any games for months until my birthday in November.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
roadkillers said:
Since now it seems that the PS3 is beating the xbox 360 in sales in America I think the 360 is done for.

Right now there are shortages in the USA.

Understand something very simple.  The Xbox 360 is a success for Microsoft.  IT has attained profitability and will sell far more than the Xbox.

The Playstation 3 is a failure for Sony.  Their gaming dominance has been ceded to Nintendo and to a lesser extent Microsoft.

Sony has no chance of selling 100 million PS3's, the console has failed to meet it's expectations. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
madskillz said:
dabaus513 said:
madskillz said:
It's not over. When the PS3 is beating the 360 by Wiilike numbers, then I'll believe it.

It's a host of reasons - including folks picking it up as a Blu Ray player with the war over. If you think these folks will just happen to migrate over and use it for gaming, think again. Think about it - sure it's selling, but are software numbers up as well? Sony used their PS brand to pimp Blu Ray. It's paying off, but not for gamers.

The target audiance for people that buy blu ray players are probalby middle aged males.What of sexes stereotypically games? Oh yes, males. Chances are if some one buys a ps3 for blu ray they know what they are getting themseleves into. Id bet that they have kids. Im pretty sure that there are regular blu ray players for the same price if not cheaper than the ps3 anyways.

I'm a member of High Def Digest forum and a number of folks bought a PS3 and haven't bought a single game. Plus, some want to buy a standalone player instead. With the clear winner in the HD format war, folks are looking at what the PS3 offers vs. standalone players. When the PS3 does the same thing and even more than the other players on the market, which would you pick? Do the math.

Make no mistake - yeah, the PS3 is catching fire, but the Wii is a console purely and winning folks. The PS3 has the unique position of being a console and a Blu Ray player. The only way to see if the PS3 is being picked up by folks as a console is to watch the software numbers. If the PS3's attach rates jump, sure ... it's beating the 360 in the console wars. However, if folks are just picking it up because it plays Blu Ray - and I know a guy that did just that - and bought a few Blu Rays, but didn't buy any games, nor does he plan to. He just enjoys his Blu Rays.

When the software attach rates coorespond with the hardware rates, it's on. 

I think someone should sue Sony for monopoly tieing and predatory pricing like they did with Microsoft on IE and Windows.  The only reason blu-ray won over the studios in the format war was because they pumped out PS3's with blu-ray at a substantial loss.  Stand alone sales were in favor of HD DVD until the PS3 started coming along.  They used the PS brand to win the format war...

Sony's attach rate will sink over the next few months because of the blu-ray win.

Bum Bum Bum Bum.... wait thats "here comes the bride"

Bum Bum Bum Bum... there we go the military funeral song.

FishyJoe said:
It's funny people are calling 360 doom when it seems the PSP is falling the fastest AND it's never been able to sell software very well.

And here comes FishyJoe bashing PSP in a completely non-related thread.

Even PSP is "falling" the fastest, the weekly WW sale # of PSP will still be above Xbox360. 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

All of you who think its over for 360 will be eating shit here in the next couple weeks

Edit: I meant crow... not shit

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I think most of the people in this thread need to take a few deep breaths and take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute.

DMeisterJ, the PS3 is not going to beat 360 in NA on a consistent basis. Wait until the weird supply issues are taken care of to see how the consoles will truly match up in 2008 ... or if they aren't gone in a month, then you can start making fun of how MS is obviously discontinuing their hardware in shame at losing the home territory.

360 fans, the PS3 is TOTALLY going to beat 360 WW on a consistent basis. Like a redheaded stepchild, based on evidence thus far available.  Price cuts will help 360 sales, but they will not put rocket boosters on a 2 1/2 year old console. On a related note, I will laugh long and hard if/when the Arcade is cheaper than the Wii.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!