By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Bingoo said:
roadkillers said:
I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

Yet ps3 has had major price drops in its first year, while 360 had a meek 50 buck price drop in almost 30 months.

360 has plenty of options just as well

Yet the 360 is cheaper and still can't outsell the PS3.  So a cheaper console with many great game(Halo 3, GEoW, Mass Effect) can't outsell a more expensive console with mediocre games?  Wow if you ask me that's pretty bad.  It isn't over for the 360 since MS won't drop it and they have the funds to keep it alive.

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Username2324 said:
NeoRatt said:
How can it be over for 360?

Between Jan 5, 2007 and Feb 16, 2007 it sold 681,614 units
Between Jan 4, 2008 and Feb 15, 2008 it sold 749,062 units

Net increase of 67,948 units...

How can a year over year increase in sales by almost 10% be game over?

Is 360 doing bad, or is PS3 doing good and 360 is still doing good?

Jan 6, 2007 through Feb 17, 2007 PS3 sold 571,942
 Jan 5, 2008 through Feb 16, 2008 PS3 sold 1,341,859

PS3 had the greater increase, and higher overall.

Like I said PS3 is doing good.  It took a $200 price cut, 4 SKUs, some excellent titles at Christmas (R&C, CoD4, UT III, Drake), the promise of MGS4, FF XIII, Resistance 2, LBP, GT5, continued Home Vaporware showings, a blu-ray win, but they are now doing good.

What more can they do in the immediate term?  I don't think much. 

Meanwhile 360 has stayed steady, and is over delivering over expectations for this year.  For the past few months these forums have been filled with "Sony Domination in 2008" and 360 has nothing...  If Sony domination is outselling the 360 between 10K-50K consoles each week, I think most 360 owners will say who cares? 

Especially, when Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, Left 4 Dead, Ninja Gaiden II, GTA IV delivers the first of two episodic editions, and Halo Wars brings RTS games onto consoles for good this year.  Yes, Sony will have GT5 (maybe this year), MGS4, KZ2 (maybe this year), Haze, Tekken 6 (maybe this year), Resistance 2, LBP (Looks very creative and innovative), and of course FF XIII, among others.  The point, is, Microsoft will deliver just as good an experience even with Sony, taking out all the big guns this year  (But, all this is just recycled releases from what was supposed to ship last year outside of Resistance 2).

wasnt the price cut just $100 on 2 skus? it doesnt make sence to add em together. 

and what can ms do in the immediate term? not much either...oh wait, they can screw all x360 arcade owners with gtiv dlc. tough luck to those who bought an arcade and want the dlc. looks like your cost saving was short lived as you have to go out and buy a hd for your 360. wait, they've already been screwing the arcade owners coz a lot of 360 games needs a hd. way to go microsoft!

DMeisterJ said:
I lol'd at all of the XBOX 360 Fanboys.

Now that they're console most likely will not be even in second place this generation how sloppy they're getting. Just twelve months ago, they were the market leader. Now they're not. Twlve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis worldwide. now they're not. Twelve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis in North America. now they're not. So all that they can say is that "PS3 is ONLY outselling us by 10-50k/week". It's so funny what a difference a year makes. Now it's okay to be outsold, as long as it's not more than fifty thousand units... LOL!

I'm not saying that MS is done, but for it to have lost for three weeks now in it's strongest region, it needs to send shockwaves through them.

Week ending February 24: 2007

PS3:27,602
XBOX 360:66,848

Week ending February 23, 2008
PS3:94,106
XBOX 360:87,569

The PS3 sales have tripled, and the 360 sales have went up by about forty percent. The XBOX 360 was outselling the PS3 2.2:1, now the PS3 is outselling the XBOX 360 by ~1.05:1

So a console that was being outsold by double is now outselling it's competition. I don't think that their is anything to say on this. It's just truth.

And this is why ps3 fanboys piss everyone off.

Next time 360 outsells ps3 im going to create a million threads going OMG PS3 IS DEAD SOMG.

You understand that price drops....formats dieing...etc all will boost game sales right?

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Damstr8 said:
relax bro...its just a week...naturally there would be a spike after hd-dvd died....but long term? we'll see

Its 2 weeks now. sorry if someone beat me to it.

I'm back...

Auron said:
Bingoo said:
roadkillers said:
I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

Yet ps3 has had major price drops in its first year, while 360 had a meek 50 buck price drop in almost 30 months.

360 has plenty of options just as well

Yet the 360 is cheaper and still can't outsell the PS3.  So a cheaper console with many great game(Halo 3, GEoW, Mass Effect) can't outsell a more expensive console with mediocre games?  Wow if you ask me that's pretty bad.  It isn't over for the 360 since MS won't drop it and they have the funds to keep it alive.

Same could be said how the playstation 3...which holds the playstation name and its predessesor sold over 100 million consoles..has been selling so low. Thats really sad to go from completely crushing the competition to possibly barely making 2nd place.

Around the Network
madman25 said:
MS are in the console business for the long haul...They will ensure that each console they produce will be more successful than the previous one and hopefully more reliable...Sony will be nowhere near the dominating force they were last gen due to mostly to MS's efforts...
Trolling statements like "it's over for the 360" are ridiculous and will come back to bite hard...

/salute

Bingoo said:
DMeisterJ said:

Now that they're console most likely will not be even in second place this generation how sloppy they're getting. Just twelve months ago, they were the market leader. Now they're not. Twlve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis worldwide. now they're not. Twelve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis in North America. now they're not. So all that they can say is that "PS3 is ONLY outselling us by 10-50k/week". It's so funny what a difference a year makes. Now it's okay to be outsold, as long as it's not more than fifty thousand units... LOL!

I'm not saying that MS is done, but for it to have lost for three weeks now in it's strongest region, it needs to send shockwaves through them.

The PS3 sales have tripled, and the 360 sales have went up by about forty percent. The XBOX 360 was outselling the PS3 2.2:1, now the PS3 is outselling the XBOX 360 by ~1.05:1

So a console that was being outsold by double is now outselling it's competition. I don't think that their is anything to say on this. It's just truth.

Next time 360 outsells ps3 im going to create a million threads going OMG PS3 IS DEAD SOMG.

You understand that price drops....formats dieing...etc all will boost game sales right?

Once it does it for twelve or thirteen weeks, then yeah, go ahead!  LOL!

I love how the tables have turned, and you're banking on price drops to sell the system... How the mighty have fallen.

Well I have news for you, the gap is only getting bigger between the two.  At first, PS3 was only outselling 360 by five to ten thousand per week, and now it's doing ~50k weekly.  And this has happened over the course of twelve weeks.  At this rate, by summer, it could be outselling 360 by 100k weekly, and by fall, it could be outselling 360 by 150k weekly.  I don't think that that'll happen, but I do believe that before Summer ends, the PS3 will be outselling the 360 routinely (as it already is) by about 100-120k.  And I have every expectation that theh PS3 will have outsold the XBOX 360 by the end of the year. 

ils411 said:

Like I said PS3 is doing good.  It took a $200 price cut, 4 SKUs, some excellent titles at Christmas (R&C, CoD4, UT III, Drake), the promise of MGS4, FF XIII, Resistance 2, LBP, GT5, continued Home Vaporware showings, a blu-ray win, but they are now doing good.

What more can they do in the immediate term?  I don't think much. 

wasnt the price cut just $100 on 2 skus? it doesnt make sence to add em together. 

and what can ms do in the immediate term? not much either...oh wait, they can screw all x360 arcade owners with gtiv dlc. tough luck to those who bought an arcade and want the dlc. looks like your cost saving was short lived as you have to go out and buy a hd for your 360. wait, they've already been screwing the arcade owners coz a lot of 360 games needs a hd. way to go microsoft!

First, the 20 and 60 were released at 499 and 599 where the 60 was the best seller...  Then the 20 was disc'd (due to crappy sales) and the 60 was reduced to 499, and then the 80 was released at 599...  Then, the 60 was disco'd, and the 80 was reduced to 499 (and sales were stagnant), then they released the 40 for 399 which is the best seller...  So, one PS3 day one the best selling SKU was 599, and now it is 399...  That is a 200 price drop on the best selling SKU.  We won't mention that the two SKUs they started with have disappearred while the 360 still has the premo going into its third year.

And as for DLC on GTA I have HD's for my 360...  And a 360 Arcade owner can buy a hard drive and play it... It doesn't matter what a PS3 owner does...  They won't be able to play it on their PS3 no matter how many upgrades they buy.

I can see all 3 companies making profits this generation once all is said and done...in that sense I don't think anybody has "lost" this generation.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DMeisterJ said:
Bingoo said:
DMeisterJ said:

Once it does it for twelve or thirteen weeks, then yeah, go ahead!  LOL!

You want to know how many months of the year last year 360 outsold ps3 LOL =)

I love how the tables have turned, and you're banking on price drops to sell the system... How the mighty have fallen.

ROFL..Ever single person in here remembers the ps3 fanboys crys of how we should just wait till all the uber games were coming out for ps3 and it would save it. Guess what did? Price drops.

Well I have news for you, the gap is only getting bigger between the two.  At first, PS3 was only outselling 360 by five to ten thousand per week, and now it's doing ~50k weekly.  And this has happened over the course of twelve weeks.  At this rate, by summer, it could be outselling 360 by 100k weekly, and by fall, it could be outselling 360 by 150k weekly.  I don't think that that'll happen, but I do believe that before Summer ends, the PS3 will be outselling the 360 routinely (as it already is) by about 100-120k.  And I have every expectation that theh PS3 will have outsold the XBOX 360 by the end of the year. 

You go off the suggestion that MS will just sit back and twiddle their thumbs and nothing in the world is going to change.  You understand that during the begining of fall and all these times you are talking about both ps3 and 360 were lucky to get much more then 100k, but now you figure that ps3 will pretty much more then double it sales and 360 will remain the same? Use your head before you post.