By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the fastest download speed you get with eShop / PSN / XBL?

mZuzek said:
It usually caps off at about 1mb per second here, you guys have nothing to complain about.

12 Mbps = about 1.2 MBsps in real life performance. You have about 10 Mbps.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
VanceIX said:

12 Mbps = about 1.2 MBsps in real life performance. You have about 10 Mbps.

Yes I do, but from what I understood most numbers here were actual download speeds.

Perhaps. Most people are quoting megabits though, not megabytes, just putting it out there I guess, lol

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Thanks for the replies guys, but please remember to list your connections maximum, or preferably, post your results from speedtest.net (select image when on the results screen and post said image, along with your psn/eshop/xbl speeds)

binary solo said:
PS3 download is slower than PS4 download, even though when doing the internet connection test gives the same raw number.

In real life it seems max PSN download rate on PS3 is about 1MB /s and on PS4 max PSN download rate can get up to 3MB /s.

Max in general or maximum on your connection?, as I get an average of about 9megabyte a second on PS4, give or take a couple meg depending on the time of day.

PS3 averages a lower, at around 4.5 megabyte a sec on the same wired connection so probably some sort of throughput limitation from network to hdd.

Wii U eShop Wireless: 23ish Mbps 

PSN (mind you my PS3 is wired): 25.6Mbps down, 4.2 Mbps up. 

You know it's sad when you look at it. I get the same speeds across the board,,, although my actual connection is 55Mbps down and 10Mbps up

Around the Network

PSN Download: 2.70 Mbps
PSN Upload: 0.43 Mbps

Your country: Puerto Rico
Your internet service's speed: 3 Mbps
Connection type: Home (wireless)

Pretty embarrassing. But I do what I can with it.

Tamron said:
binary solo said:
PS3 download is slower than PS4 download, even though when doing the internet connection test gives the same raw number.

In real life it seems max PSN download rate on PS3 is about 1MB /s and on PS4 max PSN download rate can get up to 3MB /s.

Max in general or maximum on your connection?, as I get an average of about 9megabyte a second on PS4, give or take a couple meg depending on the time of day.

PS3 averages a lower, at around 4.5 megabyte a sec on the same wired connection so probably some sort of throughput limitation from network to hdd.

I'm on wireless. And that's the max on my connection.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

This thread right here shows why an all digital future for games wasn't in the cards for this gen. The US has pretty terrible speeds

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League