By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokémon tourney - X/Y or OR/AS?

Do you want to participate in a Pokémon tournament?

YES! NOW! 2 40.00%

Only after OR/AS are released 0 0%

I killed my pokémon, so not right now 0 0%

See results 3 60.00%

Total:5

I'd probably be down.

Around the Network

Im pretty sure there was a pokemon thread... It has probably just fallen out of use... Probably be a good thing to start up again, especilly with the new games coming out

I use the Poke's I like so I usually end up with mostly UU tier, with the exception of one or two (Kingdra, Cloyster). So I wouldn't participate but I'd like to watch ... if that's possible.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I wouldnt mind a thread like that! Although I would lose T_T

My monies on Salvarx!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have a 3DS but don't play any type of Pokemon games.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
IkePoR said:
I use the Poke's I like so I usually end up with mostly UU tier, with the exception of one or two (Kingdra, Cloyster). So I wouldn't participate but I'd like to watch ... if that's possible.

I don't think it is.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, but even when you only play with Pokémon you like it's still very possible to create a good team. I never thought I could be decent competitively because of this, but especially in this generation with the different breeding mechanics, EV training and Mega Evolutions, I was able to create a pretty good team with 4 of my favorite Pokémon and 2 that I still like (though not as much as the other ones).

All you need is a little bit of effort and belief. Never trust Smogon tiers - they're good for you to have an idea of how things work, but it's fine to have lower tier Pokémon. For example, my team has 1 UU and 1 NU 'mons, and they can both be pretty good sometimes - as good as being able to singlehandedly win battles every now and then. Sure, you need to have some good OU ones, and if there's not at least 2/3 from that tier that you feel like using, it's going to be hard to be competitive.

I should probably also add that I'm pretty shite at Pokemon games.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I hosted a Pokemon tournament once; here's the way you are able to watch (if you have beaten the game already, and post-match): save the replay, post the code that it spits out on here so people with Pokemon can watch the replay.

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

I would be down...though I am a newb. Pokemon Y is the first Pokemon game I have played.

Make it So.

I be down to play a tourny. How can you tell what rankings your Pokemon are? UU and such.

I might be down. My team is nowhere near ready yet, though.