By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL 2 MIA-BUF 2 JAC-WAS 2 DAL-TEN 2
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 2
DET-CAR 1 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND 2 by 4

Around the Network

Go ahead and have the Vikings at last. See how that works out for you all voters.

errorpwns said:
Go ahead and have the Vikings at last. See how that works out for you all voters.

I feel like I'm missing something...

PIT-BAL 2 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 2
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND 2 by 3

RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL 1 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 2
DET-CAR 2 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 2 HOU-OAK 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 1 PHI-IND 2 by 10

RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL 1 MIA-BUF 2 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 2
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 2 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 2
DET-CAR 2 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 2
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND by X

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL 1 MIA-BUF 2 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 1 PHI-IND IND by 10

Just managed to get caught up with all the games I scheduled to watch. Sadly, my fantasy team fizzled, crashed and burned, as none of my starters managed to score a touchdown (while the benched players scored at will). Hate when I start FF 0-1, I usually end up out of the playoffs as I start doubting my team and making stupid pickups and trades.

As for the games I watched:

Jags @ Eagles --- Never miss an Eagles game, and my predictions will always be for them to win, regardless of matchup. First half sucked, I was so down, as i knew there will be tons of gloating by haters when they lose. Luckily, Foles got his shit together, and Sproles justified the trade. I always liked him and picked him in my FF leagues when at saints, unfortunatelly he got snatched too early...  End result is what counts, Eagles even managed to cover the spread and then some. With the rest of NFC East playing like crap, they should just give Philly the title and move on...

49ers @ Cowboys --- Game that singlehandedly lost me the FF matchup. Here I predicted an upset, hoping that Cowboys will come out on top in a supposed shootout, with their defense sucking as usual, and SanFran defense hurting from all the injuries and suspensions. SanFran was fine, Romo sucked weven more than usual, and Vernon Davis managed to score twice, laughing at me from the bench where he sat because of Jimmy Graham. Bad for my prediction here, but it was a long shot, and good for the Eagles.

Colts @ Broncos --- Good game, I was a bit sllepy so didn't watch it 100% of the snaps, but still enjoyed both QBs, hope they make it both to the playoffs and beyond.

Giants @ Lions --- Somebody somewhere thought this would be a good MNF matchup. I certainly enjoyed the game, always liked Stafford for some strange reason. Megatron is a beast, and I got reggie Bush on my team. He needs more touches.

Chargers @ Cardinals --- Arizona is my wild card pick. Liked that Carson got his act together, and can't wait week 2 for Larry Fitzgerald to actaully start playing.

Overall 10-6 is satisfying to me, especially since most of the games I missed were AFC games, and I follow that conference much less than NFC. Hopefully, I'll do better there next time.

My predictions for week 2 coming soon...

RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL 2 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 1
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 1
DET-CAR 2 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 1 PHI-IND PHI by 8

Risking it on a few games, but you can't really get ahead in this competition by predicting the same as everyone else. And picking Cowboys just for the hell of it, so I can be sure not to have a perfect week.

I guess Eli wants to continue his Interception record...-_-

RolStoppable said:
PIT-BAL  2 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 2 DAL-TEN 1
ARI-NYG 2 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 2
DET-CAR 2 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND IND by 10

defintely some toss ups here, could be a really good week or a bad one for me.