By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Just finished watching the game, I've really been starving for football. Good game, and so far it seems that I predicted well for not putting Packers into the playoffs.
They'll probably beat Jets next week, but they just look like a sub-.500 team.

My Fantasy Team scored 9 by Harvin, he's my #1 WR. Sadly, Cobb was benched as my #4 receiver, so I missed out on his TD and 11 points.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
IamAwsome said:

Am I the only one who thinks Johnny Manziel is going to totally flop in the NFL and wind up like Tim Tebow? Somone please tell me I'm not the only one...

You are not the only one.

Although Tim Tebow IS on more fantasy teams this year than at least one NFL starter.

Well, I guess TIm Tebow still has fans left. Maybe he can make an impact from the press box lol. 

RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

(...)

Playoffs are missing.

Crap

That second half sucked. I was always wondering why so many analysts thought somewhat highly of the Packers' defense. Any explanations?

noname2200 said:
That second half sucked. I was always wondering why so many analysts thought somewhat highly of the Packers' defense. Any explanations?

They have some good pass rush and somewhat adequate secondary.  However, their run defense is not good, and the seahawks took full advantage of that...

Overall, they arent bad.  Certainly enough to win most games since their offense is really good and essentially can carry the team.  However, if they are put up against a team that can stop the offense, they end up in trouble... Especially with the seahawks offense improvements this year...

Around the Network

Broncos orange has grown from last years facebook map of fandom. Also, the Cowboys remain the team with fans very far from home in Oregon, Idaho and Nevada. 

chocoloco said:

Broncos orange has grown from last years facebook map of fandom. Also, the Cowboys remain the team with fans very far from home in Oregon, Idaho and Nevada. 

That map doesnt seem right... I know way more 49er fans where I am (utah) then bronco fans...

gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

That map doesnt seem right... I know way more 49er fans where I am (utah) then bronco fans...

Sorry Mr. Seahawks bandwagoner, facebook has been found to be more accurate than google in terms of gathering data on what people actually like. #truth Also, it is just showing the most commonly liked team per county so it does not mean there are not a lot of 49er fans in Utah too. Sorry to dissapoint you.

chocoloco said:
gergroy said:

Sorry Mr. Seahawks bandwagoner, facebook has been found to be more accurate than google in terms of gathering data on what people actually like. #truth Also, it is just showing the most commonly liked team per county so it does not mean there are not a lot of 49er fans in Utah too. Sorry to dissapoint you.

First of all, I just have a hard time believing that there isnt a single county in utah that doesnt favor the 49ers.  49ers have been hugely popular here since the steve young years.  If it is using facebook, I can probably see why though.  Most of the 49er die hards are probably older and dont use facebook or not enough to bother liking the team on it.  Either way, I still say 49er fans outnumber bronco fans here.

secondly, I cant be a bandwagoner if the Seahawks are the only team I have ever rooted for.  I was born and raised in Washington state.  My entire family have been seahawks fans since the team was formed...

gergroy said:
chocoloco said:
gergroy said:

First of all, I just have a hard time believing that there isnt a single county in utah that doesnt favor the 49ers.  49ers have been hugely popular here since the steve young years.  If it is using facebook, I can probably see why though.  Most of the 49er die hards are probably older and dont use facebook or not enough to bother liking the team on it.  Either way, I still say 49er fans outnumber bronco fans here.

secondly, I cant be a bandwagoner if the Seahawks are the only team I have ever rooted for.  I was born and raised in Washington state.  My entire family have been seahawks fans since the team was formed...

This is for 2014. The map for 2013 showed more likes for the 49ers. As I wrote, Broncos orange grew this year. I am not reading your post because you are trying to say you know more than facebook research. Seriously. lol