By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
Who feels confident in their SD@SF pick?

The Chargers suffer from injuries on key positions: Allen and Mathews won't play, Rivers isn't 100% healthy. The 49ers lost Borland for the season, he was an important part of their defense. Regardless, it doesn't look like it's going to be easy for San Diego to score.

On the flipside, the 49ers offense has been trash the last few weeks, so it would be surprising if they can score a lot of points.

This is a matchup with the potential that a defensive unit (the 49ers') will score the most points and thus decide the game.

Niners are in turmoil right now. Cutting McDonald tells me they've given up the pretense of competing.

On the other hand, it IS the Chargers...

Around the Network
TEN-JAC 2
PHI-WAS 1
SD-SF 2
MIN-MIA 2
BAL-HOU 1
DET-CHI 1
CLE-CAR 2
ATL-NO 2
GB-TB 1
KC-PIT 2
NE-NYJ 1
NYG-STL 2
BUF-OAK 1
IND-DAL 2
SEA-ARI 1
DEN-CIN 1 by 14

RolStoppable said:
Who feels confident in their SD@SF pick?

The Chargers suffer from injuries on key positions: Allen and Mathews won't play, Rivers isn't 100% healthy. The 49ers lost Borland for the season, he was an important part of their defense. Regardless, it doesn't look like it's going to be easy for San Diego to score.

On the flipside, the 49ers offense has been trash the last few weeks, so it would be surprising if they can score a lot of points.

This is a matchup with the potential that a defensive unit (the 49ers') will score the most points and thus decide the game.

I don't feel good in the least. But I think the 49ers are in worse shape as an organization. Their HC has already signed the papers with another team, they cut some important player due to rape charges, their QB is a pariah, everyone is calling for the OC's head on a pike, the new stadium seems cursed, etc.

SD is a banged up team, but SF is in complete meltdown.

This game is awesome so far. Division rivalry games are great at being surprisingly competitive. Washington giving the Eagles some heaping helpings of stress right now lol. I think the PHI rapid offense is hurting them down the stretch. The defense was on the field 40 minutes or more both of the last two games, because the offense was too much in a hurry to get done and give the ball back.

RolStoppable said:
TEN-JAC   PHI-WAS   SD-SF 2 MIN-MIA 2
BAL-HOU 1 DET-CHI 2 CLE-CAR 2 ATL-NO 1
GB-TB 1 KC-PIT 2 NE-NYJ 1 NYG-STL 1
BUF-OAK 1 IND-DAL 1 SEA-ARI 2 DEN-CIN DEN by 3

Missed the first two games.

Around the Network

Man the Eagles are reeling. I think like I said earlier, the overexposure to the defense is burning them down the stretch. Even if they squeeze out of this one, Beckham will bend them next week, Fletcher can't even keep up with his own shadow.

Eagles now in dumpster fire territory if they drop 3 straight.

Am I dreaming right now!? Are the Eagles going to lose two weeks in a row!?

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

ok this might not be much but Broncos might not play peyton monday
since no matter what they still clinched it already and they cant be number 1 seed
plus hes sort of hurt his thigh :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

LOL I forgot they lost the week before that against the hawks. That would be 3 loses in a row if they lose XD

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!