By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
FatedReality said:
THE RAMS WERE 5 YARDS FROM WINNING THE GAME!!!! WTH RAMS!!!

No kidding, even a FG would have tied them up and sent them to OT. STL is just really inconsistent. SD sucks though, they're not going to go anywhere either. This game was STL's to lose, and they threw it all away.

Denver finally found some steam to close out the weak Dolphins.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
FatedReality said:
THE RAMS WERE 5 YARDS FROM WINNING THE GAME!!!! WTH RAMS!!!

No kidding, even a FG would have tied them up and sent them to OT. STL is just really inconsistent. SD sucks though, they're not going to go anywhere either. This game was STL's to lose, and they threw it all away.

Denver finally found some steam to close out the weak Dolphins.

The Rams had that game. The Chargers were complete duds out there. Speaking of duds it was nice to see the Lions get destroyed today even if it was my most hated team; the Patriots that beat them. The Lions looked like garbage both defensivly and offensivley.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Well, Cleveland and SD barely won squeakers against ATL and STL, basically depending on last-second screwups/collapses. Both of those could have very very easily gone the other way.

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
Well, Cleveland and SD barely won squeakers against ATL and STL, basically depending on last-second screwups/collapses. Both of those could have very very easily gone the other way.

That's irrelevant. What matters is how sure you feel about the picks you make. This week was really easy.

Now hopefully the Cowboys, Bills and Saints won't let me down. That is, if I don't change my MNF pick tomorrow. I am not sure why the majority of the prediction league expects the Saints to win. They lost back to back games at home and the Ravens are a solid team.

Ravens define inconsistency and, as bad as the Saints are, I don't see them falling 3 games under .500 this late in the season.

Guess we'll see tho

Division rival games are always played hard, regardless of record. I remember one year when the Cowboys went 1-15, and the Redskins won the Superbowl, and the only win Dallas got was beating them in the regular season haha.

Eli is throwing ducks tonight, wobbly passes all over the place, though he's mostly on target so far. Hopefully he comes back to his INT-prone form soon enough :D

Around the Network

THAT was an incredible catch. Hate that it torched the Cowboys, but it WAS amazing.

Odell Beckham's catch is by far the best catch made all season... its actually the best catch I've ever seen.. He was going backwards,catches it with one hand and is being pushed by the defender...AMAZING

Giants better hold on to him for dear life. Odell is the future!

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

My shaky picks are wrong again.

SF keeps winning, but very unconvincingly.

The rest of my picks are the same as the top people for the week. Makes me forever in the middle.

Wow now the refs are aiming to completely screw the Cowboys lol.

FatedReality said:
Odell Beckham's catch is by far the best catch made all season... its actually the best catch I've ever seen.. He was going backwards,catches it with one hand and is being pushed by the defender...AMAZING

Giants better hold on to him for dear life. Odell is the future!

Hasn't he already been injured though? Might have RG3 syndrome. Ultra-talented, super awesome guy, but just not durable enough for the NFL long term.