By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Don't worry Peyton, there's another Manning willing to get it done!!! G-MEN BELIEVE!!! Eli does what Peyton don't!!!

Though I will admit it was tough seeing Hakeem Nicks and Justin Tuck go...

And if I haven't made it clear I'M IN!!!!

Around the Network

Well, as a seahawks fan, I thought the superbowl was the best superbowl of all time... Just saying...

Sounds awesome. I'll be in, I had a bizarre run last season where I picked every single postseason game except one wildcard game, and called the SF/Seattle game exactly to the point. I doubt I can repeat anything remotely like that this year though. I had the SB picked Sea 44-13 which obviously wasn't optimistic enough lol. Hell this year I'd be happy picking anything north of .500 :)

I'm so glad I'm not a Broncos fan. Can you imagine the mortification of crapping the bed THAT badly on the international stage?

Anyhow, please sign me up for the prediction league. I'm not sure how to feel about the Packers this year. On the one hand, a lot of the injured players are coming back again, so yay, but all the pundits hyping them up makes me somewhat leery, as those guys are never right.

Edit: Also, there were some good playoff games after the first weekend. San Francisco-Seattle basically WAS the Superbowl.

the thread title has made me laugh more than once.Cowboys fans, Demarcus Ware is doing great!

Around the Network

So more new rules which favor the offense are going to be in effect:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/expect-a-flurry-of-yellow-this-nfl-season-b99322037z1-269490981.html

Hochuli, the body-by-Popeye referee with something of a cult following among NFL fans, forecasts heavy flag-tossing early.

"I would expect there may be more fouls called in the first preseason game and the first regular-season game," Hochuli said. "The big one is holding. We've also tightened up the rule on illegal contact. We've always given a little leeway on that.

"If the defender has got his feet stationary, he's got a right to that spot. But if the defender moves in, suddenly it's on the defender because he stepped in front of the receiver.

"That's what we're looking for. It's like the block charge in basketball."

RolStoppable said:
Good, now it's only a matter of time before tackling gets forbidden.

Don't be melodramatic. As long as the tackle is no higher than the stomach and no lower than the intestines, and is preceeded by the defender raising a yellow caution flag, it'll still be allowed. Until the 2025 owners' meeting, anyways.

Hi, I'd like to join your league if you'll have me, Rol.
Of course, if there is excess of players, as a new guy I don't expect to take up the spot of regular players.

NFL fan since I've lived in the US a century ago. Eagles fan, as I lived in Eastern Pennsylvania for a while. I have learned to have my hopes and dreams crushed each and every season, so I expect the same now.
Also follow college football, Alabama fan since I went to college there.

I watch NFL with passion via NFL Game Pass, not missing a single Eagles game, and finding time for Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games, along with one of 1 and 4 p.m. games. Of course, I rarely watch them live due to time zone difference, but catch up on them throughout the week. So I probably won't be commenting much on particular games, and will be avoiding spoilers, but I'll be sure to have my predictions in regularly.
I expect to do much better than in World Cup prediction league, as I was just guessing there most of the time, supporting Croatia until they got eliminated. Haven't even watched any of the games after that.

Burek said:

NFL fan since I've lived in the US a century ago. Eagles fan, as I lived in Eastern Pennsylvania for a while.

Damn, you're old!!!

How you feeling about Chip Kelly?

noname2200 said:
Burek said:

NFL fan since I've lived in the US a century ago. Eagles fan, as I lived in Eastern Pennsylvania for a while.

Damn, you're old!!!

How you feeling about Chip Kelly?

I am really feeling him. Just to look into his eyes and see all that enthusiasm. He really did a great job on last year's team, I believe he brought out the maximum committment from all players, and they really seem to like him.

Loved Andy reid as well, and I'm so happy he is doing great at KC.