By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Philadelphia GameStop Policy Requires Customer Fingerprints When Trading In Games

kitler53 said:
Teeqoz said:
kitler53 said:
and trade ins drop by over 3000% overnight.

How can something drop more than 100% (I understand it was a joke, but it's mathematically impossible)? Do they get negative trade ins?

http://www.percent-change.com/index.php?y1=100&y2=-2900

I don't think this makes sense contextually. You can't have negative trade ins, maybe one could say net trade ins dropped by 3000%?

Around the Network

Thief trades in 50 games -- gets $3.84 in cash

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

This policy is very discriminatory against people with no hands.

Makes sense if they have reason to believe that a significant amount of games traded in are stolen.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Burek said:

People with no hands don't play regular video games.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Burek said:

People with no hands don't play regular video games.

They can play Kinect games.

Or decide to trade in their collection after a freak industrial accident.

Must be fake. Can't believe that even Gamestop would be that stupid.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That is a little bit messed up.

High five for everyone who got their Juvenile Record sealed!

don't leave me hanging...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

bubblegamer said:
This sounds ridiculous, but i can't imagine they don't understand that as well. Is there a reason this would be needed? Like crime or something or am i overthinking this?

In Utah, all businesses that accept items for money or credit are required to take fingerprints.  That way, if the items are from a home robbery, for example, it gives the police an easy way of tracking them down.  

I don't know how seriously they take it at gamestop though, they don't bother checking to see if the finger print is smudged or good enough to be taken, they just take the finger print.  At Best Buy they have a digital finger print scanner that won't accept it unless it is good enough to get matches...