By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pipe Dreams: Games You'd Buy Any Console To Play

Shining force 4 would definitely have me buying a new console for it.

A new suikoden, jade empire, or kotor game would also be pretty tempting...

Around the Network

You all aren't being imaginative enough...

A sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day, where Conker goes to hell to get Berri back. It would be directed and written by Chris Seavor, developed by as much of the original Rare talent that worked on the first game as the publisher could get together, and would be totally free of anything that even remotely looks like censorship. This was almost made, including the Conker going to hell to get Berri back part, but I'll add in another stipulation to make it truly impossible: I want it to have a happy ending.

A reboot of Spyro the Dragon, developed by Insomniac. No references of any kind to Skylanders. Just a complete reboot, with the only returning characters being those that played major parts in the first three games. Of course, as a reboot, it wouldn't just be a remake. They could change up the story however they like, so long as there's continuity between games, but the gameplay would be modernized a bit. Still a platforming adventure, but taking advantage of the capabilities of today's hardware. Better AI, better graphics, seamless open world instead of levels connected by portals, that kind of stuff. Art style and character design would of course draw entirely from the original trilogy.

Star Fox may be in the works, but I doubt it's what I want. I want a game that's a blend of the SF64 style spaceship dogfighting, and the exploration of Star Fox Adventures, on a grander scale, and instead of the stage-by-stage linear approach to past Star Fox games, I want a non-linear approach. Have the Great Fox as the mission control where Star Fox receives bounties or missions or whatever, and some are scouting missions where you explore planets and gather intel, some are stealth missions that require a careful approach, some are raid missions where you go in guns blazing with ships and tanks and everything, you get the idea. Rather than the Star Fox team being hired to single-handedly putting an end to yet another war, much of the game is taking on smaller jobs while slowly uncovering a plot to start a war. Let's take it up a notch though: You ultimately have to stop the war, but you can choose how far you let things go, even actually letting the war start before you put an end to it. At some point you can accept payment to turn a blind eye to things, and if you do, you get shittons of money, but people suffer and die. If you let things go too far, the rest of the team discovers your corruption and some members might even leave. Some might even become casualties of the war you allowed to happen. But there's real benefits to screwing the entire galaxy over. All that extra money can make you so powerful you don't even need your team. Your conscience is still enough to push you to stop the villain in the end, and your former team mates will retain enough loyalty not to rat you out for your corruption, but you'll have to live with yourself. On the other hand, playing the part of the hero straight and not giving into corruption has its own rewards. Mostly in the adoration of the galaxy's citizens, the respect of your teammates, and other such relationship type things, but also in modest rewards throughout, and if you work hard and long enough you can still get everything you could get by giving into corruption.

Xenogears 2. I'd even buy an Ouya.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Teeqoz said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I'd buy 9 PS4s to play Jak 4.

Pretty much.

Same here.. I would buy a PS4 for Uncharted 4, 5 PS4s for Crash PS4 and 9 PS4s for Jak 4!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wave Race Wii U?

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:

Star Fox may be in the works, but I doubt it's what I want. I want a game that's a blend of the SF64 style spaceship dogfighting, and the exploration of Star Fox Adventures, on a grander scale, and instead of the stage-by-stage linear approach to past Star Fox games, I want a non-linear approach. Have the Great Fox as the mission control where Star Fox receives bounties or missions or whatever, and some are scouting missions where you explore planets and gather intel, some are stealth missions that require a careful approach, some are raid missions where you go in guns blazing with ships and tanks and everything, you get the idea. [...]

Mass Effect Starfox needs to happen.  Not a crossover but a Starfox game that's similar to ME.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

There isn't any

I have my 3DS now give me Megaman Legends 3...
I may be slightly bitter...

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

KLXVER said:
Actraiser 3

Fantastic choice.   Just more like the original and not the action only sequel.

I'd like to suggest a Blaster Master developed by Retro in the style of Metroid Prime.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Nickelbackro said:
I have my 3DS now give me Megaman Legends 3...
I may be slightly bitter...

I would be so happy if Nintendo would revive MML3! 3 damn years later and I'm still upset over its cancellation!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---