By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Also I saw this this morning. Probably deserves to be in Cloud's old thread but eh, the anime aired kinda recently.

New character poll for We Can't Study, a harem manga in Shounen Jump. I knew the sensei character was popular...but definitely wasn't expecting her to take 60% of the votes. The gap between 1st and 2nd is over 10,000 votes...and its ever crazier because sensei isn't even of the core girls. I can't remember if I've ever seen a "side girl" dominate an official poll to this extent.

Personally I'm cool with it...found the anime a bit bland at first but the sensei episodes definitely elevated it. The senpai character was pretty cool too, doubly so since her character is supposedly a Nisekoi reference (We Can't Study author's own senpai).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Sensei should win the poll, she's the most interesting character in the bunch.  Surprising for Japan, though, and their schoolgirl fetish.  Personally, I almost always like the teachers best or sometimes the moms.

Joshikousei no Mudazukai -- I adore Witch Girl.  She's so cute and has such a sweet personality but ... she's kind of scary  It's about the gap, the gap.  This is her attempt to remove a curse which is actually a toothache.  

Finally caught up on JoJo part 5 and honestly its my favorite part. I almost cried this season which didn't happen the past seasons. I love all the MC's and I can't wait to finish it.

Ok, I finally landed in the current season. I picked up way more animes than I thought I would and I still hope I can somehow trim the list. Let's go through all of the not terrible ones. Everything not on this list I have watched and dropped.

Dr. Stone 7/10
I really don't want to like this one. The setting is interesting but the characters are terrible. It has kept me entertained and since it's this season's critical darling I might as well watch it and see what it's about.

Enen no Shouboutai 10/10
My hype anime of the season and maybe the whole year. I may be more enthused with it because the director is very closely affiliated with Shaft and it really shows in the anime. I love the setting, the balance of comedy and drama, the visuals and all of the characters. Maki is my Best Girl for this season. It could do a bit less with the heavy use of flashbacks.

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? 8/10
As someone who's currently in the process of losing weight this is highly inspirational. I would watch it either way because it's fun and cool. Can't wait for all of the characters to come together. But I already love the highly motivated MC.

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator 7/10
It's another Toaru Kagaku and it's well made. Of course it's no Railgun but for that we get the double portion of Last Order to make up for it.

Tejina Senpai 6/10
Short comedy anime about a constantly flustered and big breasted highschool girl. I'd probably drop it if it was normal length but 10 minutes is just bearable enough to watch her hi-jinks.

Sounan Desu ka? 7/10
Fun and short with some fan service thrown in. Doesn't need much more.

Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. 8/10
This show feels really genuine and portrays the girls just like real highschool freshmen. It's supposed to be about sex but it's more just a coming of age story with romance and drama elements. I will continue watching it to appreciate it for what it is and not necessarily how entertaining it is.

Cop Craft 7/10
I've only watched the first episode and it's usually not my style but I enjoy gruff guys accompanied by cute girls. She's the right mix of personality to make the show watchable for me. Overall production quality seems high.

Joshikousei no Mudazukai 8/10
Delightfully dry comedy show. Lots of cute and funny girls. Reminds me a bit of Sansha Sanyou from the atmosphere but it's not nearly as good. Still, looking forward to it every week like a nice snack for in between.

Granbelm 7/10
Magical girl / mecha anime. Very colorful and trash. The mechs look ridiculously superdeformed. It's the perfect edge trash show for me.

Machikado Mazoku 9/10
This one was one of the biggest surprises. I expected a lighthearted comedy show about magical girls but holy shit, is this thing meta. Not even sure if you can still call this 4th wall breaking because there never seems to have been a 4th wall. You could call it a parody anime on parody animes. The comedy timings didn't really have the punch they needed but the first episode was just very much stuffed with exposition. I hope this'll get even better.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear X 7/10
I've watched every Symphogear season so I might as well watch this one.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ 6/10
Pretty standard fare idol show with little girls. Not amazing, not bad, but high on my potential drop list.

I haven't watched BEM yet. Could be great or could be an instant drop.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Dr. Stone and Demon Slayer have been excellent so far. I'll try Zombieland Saga eventually. Mob Psycho 100 season 2 kinda slowed down a lot compared to the first season. Ridiculously behind on My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, while I'm here...

I could use some recommendations. Here's what I've loved in the past...

FMA: Brotherhood (Best Anime I've ever seen)
DBZ (Good for its time. Androids/Cell Saga probably still holds up well.)
Made in Abyss (Could one day surpass FMA if they do enough seasons.)
Hunter x Hunter (The chimera ants Story Arc was heartbreaking, and awesome at the same time)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Space Dandy
Mob Psycho 100
One Punch Man
Gurren Laggan
My Hero Acedemia (Not quite as epic as the other stuff on this list, but still a fine show)
That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime
Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Konosuba
Inuyasha (I still gotta finish this. I thought they just stopped doing episodes, but it has a final season now? Okay then!)
Outlaw Star
Wolf's Rain
Dragon Half OVA (Hilarious and perfect dubbing!)
OG Dragonball (I gotta finish seasons 4-5 still though)

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 15 July 2019

Bisa said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Natsume Yuujinchou - 6 seasons + 1 movie out. If you enjoy slower pace, slice of life anime with supernatural elements. It's the most heartfelt, genuine anime I've watched, i love everything about it. My favourite anime, best anime of all time. 

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 152 episodes out. Part 1 (first 9 episodes) is pretty rough and really not the best but after that it just doesn't stop, I've just started part 4 and its been a crazy ride so far. It definitely lives up to its name.

I tried Jojo's years ago, but felt it was really meh. Guess I didn't make it over that 9 episode hump. I'll give it another shot. 

Also adding Natsume Yuujinchou. 

Thanks!

Cerebralbore101 said:

Hunter x Hunter (The chimera ants Story Arc was heartbreaking, and awesome at the same time)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Space Dandy
Mob Psycho 100
One Punch Man
Gurren Laggan
My Hero Acedemia (Not quite as epic as the other stuff on this list, but still a fine show)
Konosuba
Inuyasha (I still gotta finish this. I thought they just stopped doing episodes, but it has a final season now? Okay then!)
Outlaw Star
Wolf's Rain

I have similar tastes but where are you on Romcoms? Ever tried one out?

OTBWY said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Space Dandy
Mob Psycho 100
One Punch Man
Gurren Laggan
Konosuba
Outlaw Star
Wolf's Rain

Not really, but I'll give anything a shot. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
OTBWY said:

Not really, but I'll give anything a shot. 

Try this one out: https://myanimelist.net/manga/90125/Kaguya-sama_wa_Kokurasetai__Tensai-tachi_no_Renai_Zunousen

It's pretty good + funny.