By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Up to date on Jojo and man I love this season. I love the whole squad of main characters.

Around the Network

Just checked out the new season and holy shit do I have to clean up my backlog fast.

Lots of potentially cool stuff and Kemono Friends 2! And even though I'm not into movies I'll have to check out the Youjo Senki and Princess Principal movies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Really enjoyed Pokemon The Movie: The Power of Us, freshest take on the Pokemon Movies in a long time. I liked the bigger the focus on the characters themselves this time around. Also every scene was beautiful to look at.

My final list for 2018, 35 ish shows a drop from 49ish shows in 2017. As expected, less anime watched when in animeland.

Devilman Crybaby
Knights of Sidonia (24 ep)
Fate Apocrypha S2
Shimoneta
Tanaka kun is always listless
Kakegurui
B: The Beginning
Children of the Whales
Net-juu no susume
Kino no Tabi (2017)
Code Realize
Ao no Exorcist Kyoto Saga
Urahara
Kekkai Sensen (24 ep)
Violet Evergarden
Aggretsuko
Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 1 and 2 (24 episodes)
Dagashi Kashi 2
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo Ghoul √A
Tokyo Ghoul: re Season 1
Aico Incarnation
Kiznaiver
Death Parade
Golden Kamuy
Hinamatsuri
Devils Line
Flying Witch
Darling in the Franxxx (24 ep)
My Hero Academia Season 3 (25 ep)
Attack on Titan Season 3 part 1
Overlord Season 2
Overlord Season 3
Scum's Wish
One Piece 552-574

Looking through next season's offerings and I'm still surprised Domestic na Kanojo is going to be an anime.  I read the manga for awhile but didn't actually care that much for it, despite its longevity (it's at like 200 chapters).  It's an extremely melodramatic, full-on love triangle taken to a ridiculous degree.  High school guy is in love with his teacher, meets a strange high-school girl that he has sex with, then finds out that they're sisters and that they're both his new step-sisters.  I do wonder if they're going to tone down the adultness of it.

No surprise at all about Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, though.  It's a very popular manga, even if I didn't like it enough to keep reading it.  It might translate better to anime, however.  People who like bratty girls will probably enjoy it ... heh.

Kemurikusa is probably the anime I'm most interested in right now but I have absolutely no idea if it will be good or not.

Spring, though, looks absolutely packed.  Senryuu ShoujoHitoribocchi no ○○ SeikatsuWe Can't Study, and, of course, Chihayafuru 3, are enough by themselves to make me happy.  Actually, more Chihayafuru alone is enough to make me giddy.  One of the best anime of the last decade.  No surprise that it's continuing, I guess, given how popular it is after 3 high profile live action movies.

Bocchi!

Around the Network

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari has my attention.  About halfway through the first episode, I'd already penciled it in on my drop list but the final third made it more interesting.  It might still be nothing more than another "inside a game" anime but at least it went off the rails a bit.  At the very least, it has ensured I'll give it another episode or two to prove itself.  

2018 was a really freaking gay year.

2019 seems a lot more chill, maybe I'll actually watch some older stuff (or not...)

pokoko said:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari has my attention.  About halfway through the first episode, I'd already penciled it in on my drop list but the final third made it more interesting.  It might still be nothing more than another "inside a game" anime but at least it went off the rails a bit.  At the very least, it has ensured I'll give it another episode or two to prove itself.  

I remember when the last 3rd of the Re:Zero opening was amazing. And then the witch never showed up again :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
pokoko said:

I remember when the last 3rd of the Re:Zero opening was amazing. And then the witch never showed up again :(

It just has my attention and a longer opportunity to show it's something different.  As most of the first episode was nothing special, it wouldn't surprise me to see it turn into mush after the twist is played out.  It wouldn't surprise me to see it turn into Re:Zero with the whole "angry and stupid protagonist who is still able to draw a harem" thing, either.  At least Re:Zero had Rem to make it watchable for a little while, we'll have to see if this anime has anyone even near that level.  Rems are rare and wondrous things, however.

I was worried BanG Dream season 2 would disappoint me, but I actually like the CGI more than I thought I would. Some stiff motions, but the characters still look cute, and the song selection was great. Nice to see more of the girls too. Kokoro was everywhere!!!

Anyways, this season is basically entirely continuations for me, eight of the anime on my list are either new seasons or carry-overs from fall. We'll see how many new IPs I actually try.

How do the rest of your seasons look?

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334