By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:
Farsala said:
Well just finished my Japan trip. Didn't really watch any anime. Flying Witch was only mildly interesting because I saw some of the places I went to in it, otherwise it is quite possibly the most boring anime ever. Like it isn't bad, but just boring.

On the bright side I will probably anime binge soon, to keep my Japan spirits up. I also have to finish my games I started in September... and eat a ton of American food.

Well that's understandable, anime won't go anywhere. Where did you go? Eat any interesting food?

Make sure to get nice fat cheeseburger now that you're back. Heh.

I was in northern Tohoku region near Aomori. I also visited Tokyo 2 times. More rural Japan is very different than Tokyo to say the least. I ate a bunch of different things that I wouldn't normally eat like a Tempura with head intact, Sushi, Yakiniku, Octopus, Indian Curry etc. I even made some home made food like dipping Yakisoba, Japanese Curry, classic Ramen etc.

And yeah first meal back was a 1/2 lb Cheeseburger, already got that accomplished.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

I was in northern Tohoku region near Aomori. I also visited Tokyo 2 times. More rural Japan is very different than Tokyo to say the least. I ate a bunch of different things that I wouldn't normally eat like a Tempura with head intact, Sushi, Yakiniku, Octopus, Indian Curry etc. I even made some home made food like dipping Yakisoba, Japanese Curry, classic Ramen etc.

And yeah first meal back was a 1/2 lb Cheeseburger, already got that accomplished.

That sounds really cool! It seems like a ton of fun. Some interesting dishes too @_@ Making me jealous...

Nice to know we think alike too, I'm sure you feel right back at home after that thicc burger.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Karakuri Circus -- That severed arm.  I laughed and laughed.  I paused the video and laughed.  There are things I like about this series (Shirogane) but it can be so ridiculous, cheesy, and over-the-top dramatic.  I end up laughing at the wrong places.  

Still, there are positives.

Space fishing girls in space -- I don't know why I watch this.  It's not like I intend to watch it, it just seems to be there when I'm bored.  That being said, I really like that the girls have different accents.  I think that's awesome and something that should show up in more anime.  I also like Maki Maki and love her voice.  It sounds ... real.  That's also something I'd like more of in anime.  

I wish I could watch more but I just don't have the time anymore. I can barely catch my weekly dose of Zombieland Saga. I remember the days when I could watch 20+ animes a season. This season I'm officially down to just 3, though there are a handful more that I would want to watch. Meanwhile I'm still trying to finish animes from 2 seasons ago.
Life sucks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Anyone else have a real problem finishing episodes? I keep starting new episodes only to realize I'm lost because I didn't finish watching the previous episode all the way through. The only time I can count on finishing an episode is if my supper is big enough that it takes up most of the runtime.

I think I'm just going to have to start eating more.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Anyone else have a real problem finishing episodes? I keep starting new episodes only to realize I'm lost because I didn't finish watching the previous episode all the way through. The only time I can count on finishing an episode is if my supper is big enough that it takes up most of the runtime.

It is not a real problem per se, but I have a common habit of switching tabs during a boring part of an episode and then restarting some other time. Some episodes can be a drag with multiple times switching tabs, but eventually it gets done.

pokoko said:

I've been trying to watch Jashin-chan no Dropkick for a few weeks now. I always start an episode before sleep and then I make it through like 5 minutes before I doze off. I think I finished 2 episodes so far.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

pokoko said:

I also watch anime almost exclusively during meals, it's just easier for me to keep up with it if I make it a routine. Slime on Mondays, Backlog on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, Zombieland on Thursdays, etc.

Though I never have a problem finishing episodes, usually if I stop in the middle its because either the anime is awful or the Crunchyroll app is being crap. It also helps that Mao takes up residence on my lap if I ever sit down somewhere more than 5 minutes...so I'm basically trapped in one spot for a while. Only a rotten bastard would wake up a sleeping cat.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

vivster said:
I wish I could watch more but I just don't have the time anymore. I can barely catch my weekly dose of Zombieland Saga. I remember the days when I could watch 20+ animes a season. This season I'm officially down to just 3, though there are a handful more that I would want to watch. Meanwhile I'm still trying to finish animes from 2 seasons ago.
Life sucks.

Yep my middle school and high school days consisted of watching anime for hours. Now it's either i'm too busy or I don't want to spend my free time watching anime.

I finished Darling in the Franxx (24 episodes). An anime with a lot of potential but in the end squandered its opportunity. The identity crisis midway through made for a very different anime in the last cour. At least the last cour started with one of the best EDs called "XX:me - Escape". It felt like my Astronomy exams, taking my time making sure I get good answers and then I realize that 5 minutes is left and have to rush through, the last 7 or so episodes could have been done better. Also very disappointed the klaxxasaurs didn't use their greatest weapon the giant hand! That thing completely destroyed everything, although it might have been a budget thing because it looked terrifying. I do feel like many things were dropped like that, that would have been appreciated and some things felt pointless like mind wiping Mitsuru and Kokoro. I did really like the main plot points with the humans to have kids and build relationships. As well as caring for the environment. I always like world building and alternate worlds and new aliens. Future technology is really cool, and I am not sure if having eternal happiness is a bad thing without pain and suffering. Most anime tend to dislike idealism though. Overall a solid anime, but disappointing.