By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Maze Bakunetsu Jikuu.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
So guys, after watching A Nightmare On Elm Street, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Halloween, I was wondering if there were any horror anime in that vein? Specifically something like Texas or Halloween where rather than a supernatural enemy it is instead an earthly enemy. I guess a "slasher anime" really.

I don't think there are any slasher type animes because usually animes are good. Horror animes don't have a single supernatural enemy but rather some cause that makes people go crazy or multiple ghosts and shit. I guess you can try Corpse Party or Gantz.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Anime huh.... well I can tell you smartphone is the worst isekai XD. No game no Life is freaking amazing and Re:zero is amazing and Log Horizon is great... on that list I have so many of my precious babies....

I can't choose between NGNL and Re:zero and Konosuba so.... yea... just conisder them each having 1 more point than the poll says.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I finally got around watching some anime.

I finally finished Yuuki Yuuna and boy was that a ride. The ending wasn't anything special but the art direction was just so amazing. Whoever was responsible for that clearly knows what he is doing. I'm still on the fence if it really deserves a 10. While the visuals, sound and execution is perfect, the writing and story is merely pedestrian.

I watched more of FranXX and I'm not sure why but it's just fun to watch. I know I shouldn't be surprised enjoying a Trigger anime but so far I haven't really consciously seen anything special about the show. But if a show is making me say "wow, this episode is over already?" it must be doing something right.

I also watched more of Kokkoku and it still amazes me how it handles a calm and collected atmosphere while handling high urgency matter. I don't know why it's flying under so many people's radar. It should easily be this season's critic's darling.

I'm also getting close to finishing 18if from last season. Boy, is that a wild ride. Especially episode 7 should've gotten way more attention. They're basically doing every episode a completely different anime, different tone, different style. I'm glad I didn't drop it.

Ameagari and Citrus are fun little romances that spice up the rest of the slice of life heavy season.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

For the poll, I choose No Game No Life. It's a fun show and has a lot of Jojo references. The rest I don't like too much, since the genre is so saturated that a lot of them are just the same thing over and over again. There are exceptions of course. For example, Re;zero was the best comedy of 2016.

Around the Network

So the Junji Ito Collection anime is an interesting case. I'm not sure if the studio behind it wanted to sabotage their own work because the 1st episode SUCKED. It was just a terrible 1st story. It was hardly scary and the lead character was just obnoxious. The 2nd story was excellent, but... it was 2-3 minutes max.

What's confusing it the 2nd episode onward were fantastic. So really, what gives? I figure you want to start things off right, rather than turn people away immediately...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Oh look, a video about the best Seiyuu of all time. (Massive Houseki no Kuni spoilers ahead)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_6VO9kYzmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4tBqIKhXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg

Thread is slow again, as is my anime. Watching a little bit of Knights of Sidonia. I love space.

I don't think I will have a good break for anime until March during my spring break.

Farsala said:
Thread is slow again, as is my anime. Watching a little bit of Knights of Sidonia. I love space.

I don't think I will have a good break for anime until March during my spring break.

Yeah...I guess the stand out anime this season are pretty laid-back shows, so there's not much to comment on. I haven't dropped anything, but my impressions haven't changed much from episode 2. I'm still watching Saiki K. from my backlog, and am enjoying more and more now that character intros are basically done.

Hope you can go wild come spring break! And by wild I mean...watch a metric fuckload of anime. Heh.

----------------------

Anyways, I convinced a good friend of mine to watch Made in Abyss recently. She loved it...but while talking about final impressions, I realized she was referring to Nanachi as "he" several times, and she asked why I was using "she". We got into a mild argument over that character's gender...and when I went to look it up to prove her wrong (I avoided spoilers thankfully)...I found that apparently that character's gender is intentionally left ambiguous, if that source was right.

To people who watched Made in Abyss, am I crazy, or is she crazy? Or are we both crazy? 

Also on a side note, I found out that Bondrewd has the same voice as Yoshikage in Jojo. No wonder it gives me chills.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Crunchyroll Anime Awards Round 2 is up for voting! Actually probably has been for a while but I just got the email.

Looks like this round is for Best Drama, Slice of Life, Action, Comedy, and Ongoing Series.

Final Round will be coming in the next few days.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334