By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Made In Abyss ep 10 was freaking brutal.  Holy mother of cats.  

One of the reasons I don't really care much for most Shonen is the lack of consequences.  That sure as heck isn't an issue here.

Around the Network

Aho Girl...for crying out loud. That fight scene was so ridiculous.

A-kun/Dog is best pairing. The wayward glance they shared was so poignant.

Gamers! tonight was great...enjoyed it a lot more than last week's. Phone call with Karen had me laughing out loud. And that freaking ending. HMMMMMMMM?

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Aho Girl...for crying out loud. That fight scene was so ridiculous.

A-kun/Dog is best pairing. The wayward glance they shared was so poignant.

Gamers! tonight was great...enjoyed it a lot more than last week's. Phone call with Karen had me laughing out loud. And that freaking ending. HMMMMMMMM?

I have to agree.  I think A-kun knew the chain was unhooked and was like, "enjoy your day, buddy." 

The range of the voice actress for Yoshiko is crazy good.  I love her "serious" voice.

Gamers! - MC and cutsey girl are the best pair, really.  They fit.  Karen's infatuation ... I don't get it.  

Hey guys, I am trying to start an anime club.
A place where we can come together as a community, decide on a show to watch.
Watch it as a community and discuss it.
My goals are to help foster real discussions focused on a single show at a time, and to bring people who don't watch anime into the medium.

Check it out here:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231603

pokoko said:

I have to agree.  I think A-kun knew the chain was unhooked and was like, "enjoy your day, buddy." 

Right? It's pretty obvious A-kun is Dog's most important person. Yoshiko just can't get break that bond.

pokoko said:

Gamers! - MC and cutsey girl are the best pair, really.  They fit.  Karen's infatuation ... I don't get it.  

I might prefer Karen/Keita...but I'm totally okay with him getting with pink hair. Loved seeing her shut down those popular kids. Also not really a fan of her boyfriend after last episode...he needs to not meddle in his friend's love life. But I guess that wouldn't be as funny so eh.

I'd be lying if I said Karen's feelings are all that deep, but I still find them adorable. Keita burst her "perfect girl" bubble, and then stood up for her like no one else had...basically a 1-2 punch whammy to the heart, and it seems to have gotten stronger after they started dating. Personally, I'd enjoy seeing more heart to heart scenes like we had a few episodes ago, but eh, I find it funny seeing the perfect idol act like a lovestruck high schooler. Her "breakdown" has probably been my highlight of the show so far.

caffeinade said:
My goals are to help foster real discussions focused on a single show at a time, and to bring people who don't watch anime into the medium.

Check it out here:

This seems interesting...I'm sorta doing something similar on one of my Discord groups, but I'm not following that very closely. I might poke my head in when you get started.

Around the Network

Also, I updated the poll to a real question this time.

Basically, rather than your absolute favorite show this season, this is for your favorite show that either isn't getting much recognition, or seems to be very divisive or hated. I'm using MyAnimeList as my metric, and filtered it by lowest scores. Not really crazy about MAL...but eh, as an aggregrate indicator I suppose it's fine.

Feel free to pick Other if I missed your favorite underrated show. Or just complain. Not sure if I'll leave it up for one or two weeks, but next poll is AOTS...so start thinking!

Super_Boom said:

I

caffeinade said:

Check it out here:

This seems interesting...I'm sorta doing something similar on one of my Discord groups, but I'm not following that very closely. I might poke my head in when you get started.

The problem is more getting it started, nobody seems to be nominating anime, or voting on the stuff that is there.

I don't know anything at all about MAL and I really hate the whole scoring thing for anime but I'd say that the most underrated anime is Centaur no Nayami. I can't blame anyone, though, because it doesn't reveal its diversity right away. On the surface, it just looks like high school girls being cute but then it throws in elements like the episode about a character who lived through a concentration camp in that world's version of Nazi Germany. It explores racism and repression in response to racism. It touches on many, many subjects and most people who dismissed it out of hand will never know it.

Mar1217 said:

Hello ! I decided to introduce myself in this thread for the first time :)

Been watching Restaurant from another world and Made in Abyss this season, they're both great !!

There's Akagi that I'm watching on the side too. Definitely on par with Kaiji Ultimate Survivor !

Welcome! Don't be a stranger.

I'm enjoying Restaurant from Another World quite a bit, surprised that the premise hasn't gotten old yet. There's something oddly amusing about watching fantasy creatures eat modern food. My favorite episode so far was probably the documentary about lizardmen that like omelette rice.

caffeinade said:
Super_Boom said:

I

The problem is more getting it started, nobody seems to be nominating anime, or voting on the stuff that is there.

Problem is the anime community is tiny and fragmented on these forums. Sure a lot of people watched 10+ shows, but overall that number is tiny in the grand scheme and many watched anime at different times like 90s,2000s, and modern.