By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Clockwork Planet seems cool.

Here's the 1st PV

"Naoto's a high school dropout and brilliant amateur tinkerer. He lives in a world that has been so over-exploited that the entire surface has become one vast machine. When a box crashes into his home containing a female automaton, it's a harbinger of change that will rock the entire globe, and give Naoto his chance to be a hero."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-16/clockwork-planet-anime-1st-promo-video-introduces-cast/.111096

Looks like something to keep an eye on.

Around the Network

so Just finished episode 2 of Yowamushi Pedal 3...... I need ep 3 now. Why is this so good? I'm enjoying Onoda's growth again. He needs this emotional growth so badly.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Topic time!

Who is your favorite male and/or female characters this season so far?

For me, my favorites so far are

Kyouko Machi from Interview with Monster Girls

Kazuma Satou from Konosuba

P.S. Favorite OP for me this season is Uverworld's Blue Exorcist one. Not as good as the 1st 2 Ops, but is slowly growing on me the more I hear it.

re tagging.

@ Topic

Best female? anyone from LWA so far.

Best male? uhhh (Let me find a decent male character or any soet of male in the stuff I'm watching and I'll get back to you)

Opening? Let me find a good one, meanwhile I'll make my default choice Great Days from now on.

Best guy: I should go with Chibi-Koro-sensei, since his non-chibi self was my favorite guy last year, but instead I'll pick Renzou Shima from Ao no Exorcist. I love how he's so preoccupied about how cool he is, and how he dishes with Rin about girl troubles. Best wingman.

Best girl is Shiemi Moriyama from Ao no Exorcist. Cute, but has real issues that she works hard to improve on, and cares about and works hard for her friends.

Favorite OP is probably the Uverworld one that Shadow posted, though nothing really wows me so far. Favorite ED is from Koro-sensei Quest.

So mostly just Ao no Exorcist all around.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

@Topic

Best female is Hikari from Interviews With Monster Girls (claimed waifu sorry)
Best male, im not 100% sure yet.

You can keep her. I'll take Kyouko. I heard she's all about giving head.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Still not sure about Idol Jihen. It's certainly not generic being that wacky. I mean they had a fucking bungee jumping contest to decide who is the best idol. And at the highest point the rope actually ripped for the MC. I thought WTF.

I think it earned my respect to watch it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Note to self: Monster girls love strong arms.

Snow girl next episode, gonna be good.

vivster said:
Versus_Evil said:

Yeah, even after all my shows have aird Hikari is still best girl

<--

Not even Best Girl in her own series.

Shadow8 said:

Note to self: Monster girls love strong arms.

Snow girl next episode, gonna be good.

That was a really good episode and I think Snow girl will have a good ep, as well.  I'm glad all the girls are getting their time in the spotlight. 

I've tried to analyze why Demi-chan is such a great anime.

In every scene you find little details in the scene or animations you won't see in other animes. Things that further the narrative by the mantra of "show, not tell".
They tackle the premise not from a comedy angle but with sincerity. It's not wacky monster girls doing wacky things. It's monster girls trying to fit in and cope with their differences rather than flaunt them. It's a very mature approach. Maybe the most mature anime I have seen since Maria.
The dialogue flows naturally and has great timing. The characters actual feel like real characters.
They tackle all topics head on instead of losing themselves in stupid misunderstandings or just hinting at the problems and just leave it like so many other SOL animes do.
The only bit of fan service they showed so far had an actual meaning and so can't really be counted as such.

If they play their cards right and stray further from the tropes and expectations it could actually become a 10. It's the best anime of the season that nobody watches because of the premise.