By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

So, 2016 is over in about a week and a half. This year has had its highs and lows, but there have still been many strong contenders for Anime of the Year. With the Fall 2016 season basically over with only a handful of final episodes airing over the next week or so, now seems like a good time to ask:

What is your Anime of the Year for 2016?
Secondarily, how do you rate 2016 as a year for anime?

I'll share my own answers when I'm not performing the arduous task of using this site on mobile.

Around the Network

I have actually no idea what's my AOTY. Watched so much stuff again. Let me check real quick.

Hm... no clear winner actually. I guess no AOTY this year. Maybe I'll be able to fit all the good stuff in a top 20 list.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have a rough list, but I'll wait for the Jojo finale to be safe. It has a solid chance at taking my AOTY again, depending on how many loose ends it ties up.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

My AOTY is the first 3 eps of Re Zero.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sorry I've been a bit less active around here, the holidays had me busy these days.

This season is practically over, so an AOTS poll is coming soon and right after that we'll have the AOTY poll.

AOTY for me is easily Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, but there have been other great shows this year, so I'll probably make a Top 5 when the time comes and maybe some honorable mentions.

I know who my best girl of the year is...

Around the Network

"The manga centers on titular protagonist Hinako, who is poor at speaking, and lives in a rural part of Japan. She wants to improve her speech to be able to talk to people freely, so in high school, she transfers schools to Tokyo and plans to join a theater club. When she arrives, it turns out her boarding house is a secondhand bookstore, and a girl who eats books lives there"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-22/hinako-note-tv-anime-reveals-main-cast-april-premiere/.110236

Shadow8 said:

Sorry I've been a bit less active around here, the holidays had me busy these days.

This season is practically over, so an AOTS poll is coming soon and right after that we'll have the AOTY poll.

AOTY for me is easily Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, but there have been other great shows this year, so I'll probably make a Top 5 when the time comes and maybe some honorable mentions.

I know who my best girl of the year is...

You need to accept reality, Shadow! :P

I didn't watch any anime this season. Nothing seemed that interesting IMO, I'll surely watch Keijo for fun one day and Ajin S2 next week when it comes to Netflix (and maybe Hibike), but that's it. That poll will be easy for me ^^.

The other poll is way more difficult... AOTY will surely be between Re Zero and Boku Dake (but the ending of Boku Dake was disappointing...), and the best girl of the year is between Kayo, Rem and Chiaki. Konosuba, Shokugeki, Relife and others deserve to be named as well, so I'll surely make it a Top 5 too.

"SHONEN JUMP's breakaway hit of 2015, a fantasy action-adventure about mastering magical powers. Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. Only one problem – he can't use any magic! Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Can someone who can't use magic really become the Wizard King? One thing's for sure – Asta will never give up! ."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/yuki-tabata-black-clover-manga-gets-tv-anime-by-studio-pierrot/.110057

Urgh Studio Pierrot hope they don't ruin this(like they've ruined everything else), I've heard a lot about this series, but never quite started reading it, might be a good time to do it now before the anime comes.

Faelco said:
Shadow8 said:

You need to accept reality, Shadow! :P

I didn't watch any anime this season. Nothing seemed that interesting IMO, I'll surely watch Keijo for fun one day and Ajin S2 next week when it comes to Netflix (and maybe Hibike), but that's it. That poll will be easy for me ^^.

The other poll is way more difficult... AOTY will surely be between Re Zero and Boku Dake (but the ending of Boku Dake was disappointing...), and the best girl of the year is between Kayo, Rem and Chiaki. Konosuba, Shokugeki, Relife and others deserve to be named as well, so I'll surely make it a Top 5 too.

I don't know what you're talking about :P

Ive barely watched anything this season either, I'm trying to catch up now with a few shows I started like Nanbaka and Izetta.

Almost forgot to post about this :P

"The 149cm item will be selling between December 24 and February 2nd at 1,480,000yen before tax (about $12600 these days), with shipping scheduled for August."

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/22/glimpse-at-rezero-life-sized-rem-statues-arrives-along-with-release-details