By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Ahaha, I just learned that Keijo!!!!!! is getting an anime.  This is one that does not surprise me at all but I'm still kind of giddy thinking about how this is going to translate to the screen.  It's soo over the top and ridiculous but still with very good characters.

It's about a girl who enters a school for Keijo, which is a popular gambling sport where girls try to push each other into the water with techniques using only boobs and bums.  As you can probably guess, different girls have different advantages and there are classes like infighter, outfighter, and counter-fighter.  Amazingly, there really isn't all that much overt fan-service in the manga but I bet it gets turned up a notch for the anime.

Super_Boom said:

A lot of the events of the story are circumstantial, but it all builds up to something, which is why it's so appealing to me. Crocodile's defeat led to his incarceration in Impel Down, which led to his alliance with Luffy afterwards. Enel, Lucci, and Moriah have all been set up to return in the future, and I wouldn't be suprised if they played a similar role. If you look at it in-universe, sure it seems random. But from the perspective of one reading the story, it's absolutely incredible how detail oriented Oda is. I literally can't dismiss anything, since it could easily return as some huge plot point later on.

*Added spoilers for Uran High School Host Club*

This is really one of the things that makes One Piece so great.  With a lot of manga, you can feel the writer going, "hmm, I've finished that arc, I wonder what I should do next?"  It's like they're building a railroad track that is usually one link ahead of the train.  With One Piece, he's already got all the stations built up ahead.  It's a connected world rather than a linear story.  Oda is an amazing writer who deserves all the praise he gets.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

The events of the Skypeia arc have already played a role in the story in both Bellamy's return and introduction of Haki, and based on Enel's manga gaiden, they'll most certainly return in the future. This is One Piece...you can't judge the importance of an arc by what immediately comes after. We didn't see the full extent of Arlong's villainy until over 600 chapters after Luffy beat him, and Brook entered the story in an arc that preceded even Chopper's entrance.

A lot of the events of the story are circumstantial, but it all builds up to something, which is why it's so appealing to me. Crocodile's defeat led to his incarceration in Impel Down, which led to his alliance with Luffy afterwards. Enel, Lucci, and Moriah have all been set up to return in the future, and I wouldn't be suprised if they played a similar role. If you look at it in-universe, sure it seems random. But from the perspective of one reading the story, it's absolutely incredible how detail oriented Oda is. I literally can't dismiss anything, since it could easily return as some huge plot point later on.

*Added spoilers for Uran High School Host Club*

Bellamy was never at Skypeia, the last time the Straw Hats met him before the timeskip was in Mock Town which is a part of Jaya Island and it wasn't necessary to know about Haki at the time either until Rayleigh went into a whole lot more detail later on. As for Enel returning, 500 chapters later and we still haven't had any sight of him. I don't judge the importance of an arc by immediate effect but even I know there is a limit to recurring content ...

Did we need to know more about Arlong's villainy ? He was already a known scum so Jinbe elaborating on it seems irrelevant when he's been incarcerated. Brook wasn't of any relevance in the story early on. It was specifically Laboon ... 

@Bold That's exactly why I disfavour One Piece so much. There's hardly a lot of structure to be had in the plot so it looks like one big kludge to me. Oda can push out as much detail as he want but what I care most about is plot relevance and he comes in extremely short on that end ... 

I'm not gonna keep holding my breath to see these character's return ... 

I'll go with naruto out of those. I've seen a tiny bit of one piece and I didn't like it. It's too goofy. Bleach is okay. It got repetitive. I've never seen Gintama.

Aeolus451 said:
I'll go with naruto out of those. I've seen a tiny bit of one piece and I didn't like it. It's too goofy. Bleach is okay. It got repetitive. I've never seen Gintama.

One Piece is goofy at times, but it balances drama and comedy well. Honestly, I would not have stuck with it for over 700 episodes if all it had going for it was goofy.

Awaiting season 3 announcement for Assassination Classroom ...

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
Aeolus451 said:

One Piece is goofy at times, but it balances drama and comedy well. Honestly, I would not have stuck with it for over 700 episodes if all it had going for it was goofy.

I can try it again since it's been years since I last tried it but most likely, my impression won't change but there's a chance it could. My tastes in anime have been expanding over the years. I'll post an update about it after I watch a few episodes in the next few days.

Out of those 4 animes, do you guys have a FAVE MOMENT? (Put the spoiler shade if needed) Because all of them have over 100+ Eps! 

Since I chose Naruto (Which I've watched the full Naruto episodes, while Only the first 2 arcs of Shippuden) I really liked the Sakura vs Sasori fight! FINALLY! She was kicking ASS! I love their duo team work of the old lady. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

fatslob-:O said:

Bellamy was never at Skypeia, the last time the Straw Hats met him before the timeskip was in Mock Town which is a part of Jaya Island and it wasn't necessary to know about Haki at the time either until Rayleigh went into a whole lot more detail later on. As for Enel returning, 500 chapters later and we still haven't had any sight of him. I don't judge the importance of an arc by immediate effect but even I know there is a limit to recurring content ...

Did we need to know more about Arlong's villainy ? He was already a known scum so Jinbe elaborating on it seems irrelevant when he's been incarcerated. Brook wasn't of any relevance in the story early on. It was specifically Laboon ... 

The treasure obtained in Skypeia is what that character used to return to Doflamingo, and seeing the island with his own eyes is what caused his change of character when he met Luffy again. Haki was first introduced in Skypeia, so even if it wasn't used until the Sabaody, it's our first exposure to it, and also a sign that Oda had it planned out well ahead of time.

Technically we don't need to know anything, but seeing the plot come full circle with events like this is what makes the manga so appealing. I can't tell you how many times I decided to re-read an old chapter in the 200s and laughing at how he had just hinted at something revealed in the 700s. Like pokoko said, it's not a feeling I get with many manga, and I can't think of any mangaka that pre-plan their stories better than Oda does.

fatslob-:O said:

I'm not gonna keep holding my breath to see these character's return ... 

Considering that one of them has already returned in the manga, you don't have to hold your breath for much longer.

Seriously, this is a very strange manga to be skeptical about, when there's an established precedence for returning plot points and characters. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

If we're talking about an author that puts a lot of planning to his work and connects certain points of arcs together, Sui Ichida,  author of Tokyo Ghoul is phenomenal. Even things from the first chapter are coming in to play now after all this time in :re . Don't even get me started on the amount of symbology in it either. He always has something up his sleeve that keeps the reader engaged.  My current favorite manga right now.

Bleach with ease... at least as of last showing, I liked the anime... if Pierrot renews their post 2014 animation rights to Bleach, the adaptation will suck... if Bleach anime returns, they will either move house or go down the shitter...

Manga's still great...