By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

uran10 said:
Versus_Evil said:

Pfft, lets agree to disagree and recommend Monster Musume instead :) your never escaping that anime.

...... Naw let's not scar him for life with crazy monster chicks, instead let's make him watch something equally as bad and as haremy as Monster Musume like Ifinite stratos, heck he can even watch the "superior" IS2!

Monster Musume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinite Stratos

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
uran10 said:

...... Naw let's not scar him for life with crazy monster chicks, instead let's make him watch something equally as bad and as haremy as Monster Musume like Ifinite stratos, heck he can even watch the "superior" IS2!

Monster Musume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinite Stratos

To love ru›monster musume

Love musume but the manga chapters takes way too long to come out and To love ru has the True Harem King.

Shadow8 said:
LuckyTrouble said:

Love musume but the manga chapters takes way too long to come out and To love ru has the True Harem King.

I'd say keima Katsuragi is the true king but (insert spoiler here) so I guess Yuki rito is pretty much king now.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

pokoko said:
Super_Boom said:

Not sure if he's doing it himself...but I've noticed a lot of people confuse shounen/shoujo as genres rather than demographics. Shounen romance in particular seems to get referred to as shoujo a lot....I've even seen stuff published in Jump get referred to as shoujo somehow. It does seem like there's a lot more anime of the former variety than the latter.

Again though...not sure if that's the mistake he's making or not. Just an observation of mine...

Yeah, probably.  I'm just going to assume that he means anime that has elements of romance or maybe even anime with prominent female characters.  As you said, I think people often use terms like shoujo and shounen as genre labels when all they literally mean is that the manga was published in a shounen or shoujo magazine.  In the west, we generally use a more loose definition, as many more people are exposed to the anime rather than the manga, but those are still terms that apply to the primary target demographic more than anything, meaning they can each contain a range of actual genres.

Mostly as a genre and it's influences (some Shonen traits have recently been influenced by Shoujo, but I rarely find things that are the other way around like Utena)... 

Also, anything>>>>>Infinite Stratos... 

uran10 said:
Versus_Evil said:

Some really good anime there! Welcome to the thread, its a small community in here but everyone is chill. 

I have to reccomend you Angel Beats! Easily in my top 5.

Nah dude, choose  clannad over angel beats. Clannad is amazing and they're both made by the same person.

Clannad is the best, man. Jun Maeda is a genius and has an amazing team behind him, I'd recommend all their works if you want feels(Clannad, Kanon, Air, Little Busters, Angle Beats, Charlotte). A lot of them could have been beter with more episodes, but they're still really good.

Can't wait for Rewrite later this year!(It's the only Key visual novel that Jun Maeda didnt work in, but it's still a Key work for sure, just different)

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Shadow8 said:

I'd say keima Katsuragi is the true king but (insert spoiler here) so I guess Yuki rito is pretty much king now.

Well Keima got his ending in the manga...got a date with chihiro (which is good cuz they were perfect for each other)

Everyone knows that Shirou Emiya is true harem king...

Shadow8 said:
uran10 said:

Well Keima got his ending in the manga...got a date with chihiro (which is good cuz they were perfect for each other)

That's exactly why the (insert spoiler here) is there lol.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Shadow8 said:

That's exactly why the (insert spoiler here) is there lol.

Just wanted to be sure ;)

uran10 said:
Versus_Evil said:

Pfft, lets agree to disagree and recommend Monster Musume instead :) your never escaping that anime.

I'm pretty comfortable with Naruto and AoT currently. Gonna take a long time to finish Naruto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.