By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

pokoko said:
AsGryffynn said:

There is a definition of moe on Wikipedia. Do you honestly expect me to believe otherwise? Also, I don't apply double standards, but there are two kinds of fanservice and I am getting tired of shoujo! 

Shoujo?  There are what, maybe two or three shoujo anime this season?  Maybe a couple more if you're very loose with your definition of shoujo?  The overwhelming majority of anime this season, as with pretty much every season, is targeted at guys.  Why would you have a problem with the few shoujo that do get made into anime?  I don't really understand.

It's kind of funny, but I was actually going to make a post wishing for more shoujo as it feels like a long time since we've had a great one like Kimi ni Todoke or Skip Beat.  

You do not know how im ALWAYS WISHING FOR MORE SHOUJO Animes!!!!!!! 

I read SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Shoujo Mangas (Mostly the RomCom ones) That I find most of them deserve to have an anime. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

No person on Earth should even attempt to dub this.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If you want shoujo watch Shirayuki

Roronaa_chan said:
If you want shoujo watch Shirayuki

Yeah.... Just the first episode. I think I prefer Shoujo animes set in an ordinary world. Not like a Fantasy one.  Like I tried to read those Historical Shoujo mangas. And....... I just couldn't get into it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

pokoko said:

Shoujo?  There are what, maybe two or three shoujo anime this season?  Maybe a couple more if you're very loose with your definition of shoujo?  The overwhelming majority of anime this season, as with pretty much every season, is targeted at guys.  Why would you have a problem with the few shoujo that do get made into anime?  I don't really understand.

Not sure if he's doing it himself...but I've noticed a lot of people confuse shounen/shoujo as genres rather than demographics. Shounen romance in particular seems to get referred to as shoujo a lot....I've even seen stuff published in Jump get referred to as shoujo somehow. It does seem like there's a lot more anime of the former variety than the latter.

Again though...not sure if that's the mistake he's making or not. Just an observation of mine...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
pokoko said:

Not sure if he's doing it himself...but I've noticed a lot of people confuse shounen/shoujo as genres rather than demographics. Shounen romance in particular seems to get referred to as shoujo a lot....I've even seen stuff published in Jump get referred to as shoujo somehow. It does seem like there's a lot more anime of the former variety than the latter.

Again though...not sure if that's the mistake he's making or not. Just an observation of mine...

Yeah, probably.  I'm just going to assume that he means anime that has elements of romance or maybe even anime with prominent female characters.  As you said, I think people often use terms like shoujo and shounen as genre labels when all they literally mean is that the manga was published in a shounen or shoujo magazine.  In the west, we generally use a more loose definition, as many more people are exposed to the anime rather than the manga, but those are still terms that apply to the primary target demographic more than anything, meaning they can each contain a range of actual genres.

I just started watching anime a few months ago. My current list of animes watched are(in order):

1) Death Note. Absolutely amazing series.

2) Black Butler. Only watched the first season. Enjoyed all of it.

3) Naruto(currently on episode 53).

4) Attack on Titan. Never thought a show could be this good. Not only does it contain non-stop drama, but the quality and design of it is stunning.

The fandoms of animes are disappointing though. Tried to get into it, but the people are horrendous. Oh well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
I just started watching anime a few months ago. My current list of animes watched are(in order):

4) Attack on Titan. Never thought a show could be this good. Not only does it contain non-stop drama, but the quality and design of it is stunning.

The fandoms of animes are disappointing though. Tried to get into it, but the people are horrendous. Oh well.

The fandoms of most things are pretty horrendous. We tend not to be too bad here. Disagreements rarely devolve into arguments, and otherwise we just like talking about good anime as well as our disappointment in each season's worst. It probably helps that we aren't focused on talking about a single show. Variety is the spice of life.

I also kind of envy you. I've watched so much anime now, it is getting increasingly hard to find something new to watch that is genuinely good. Thankfully, I have Hajime no Ippo to go through now, but hitting the point where you're almost entirely dependent on each season's airing shows is kind of a crappy feeling. You still have tons of great stuff to discover though, so enjoy the journey.

Versus_Evil said:
hershel_layton said:

Some really good anime there! Welcome to the thread, its a small community in here but everyone is chill. 

I have to reccomend you Angel Beats! Easily in my top 5.

Nah dude, choose  clannad over angel beats. Clannad is amazing and they're both made by the same person.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Versus_Evil said:
uran10 said:

Nah dude, choose  clannad over angel beats. Clannad is amazing and they're both made by the same person.

Pfft, lets agree to disagree and recommend Monster Musume instead :) your never escaping that anime.

...... Naw let's not scar him for life with crazy monster chicks, instead let's make him watch something equally as bad and as haremy as Monster Musume like Ifinite stratos, heck he can even watch the "superior" IS2!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD