By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Final episode of One Punch Man is in, and the verdict is:

WHY IS IT OVER?!

The last episode was seriously great, and it was the perfect climax for the end of the season. I can see so much more potential in One Punch Man, and I hope we see a second season before too long just because I'm greedy.

Around the Network

One Punch Man ep 12 was a great conclusion. Definitely hope we see a second season

OPM Finale was....wow. Absolutely incredible. The animation and music were top-notch, and the ending was great. Only thing I have to complain about this show is that it ended...though I plan to read the manga now to fill this gaping hole in my heart. Fingers crossed for a second season!

Haven't finished anything else yet...most of my shows started to bore me mid-way through. Dropped Anti-Magic Academy at episode 7 or so...or whenever girl 4 was getting her obligatory two episodes. The plot seemed interesting at first...but the story seemed too disjointed, and the format of the show kept me from really caring about any one character. It did have some nice ecchi content...though that alone couldn't keep me interested.

I put Rakudai and Sakurako-san on hold because I was getting bored, though I definitely plan to finish both. I'll probably start Asterisk Wars to fill in my gaps next season...or later I guess...not really in a hurry on that one. Shokugeki no Soma and Assassination Classroom take priority in my backlog.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Obligatory AOTYs (in order)

New Animes:

Junketsu no Maria
Subete ga F ni Naru
Gakkou Gurashi
Hibike Euphonium
One Punch Man
Death Parade
Wakaba Girl
Sore ga Seiyuu
Shokugeki no Souma
Sakurako-san

Sequels:

Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Gochuumon Usagi desu ka?
Owarimonogatari
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Milky Holmes
Working
Yuruyuri
Symphogear
Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou
Fate Kaleid

I wish I could make both top 20s but that would be a bit too much.

Honorable mentions that barely didn't make the cut: Shirayuki Hime, Rolling Girls, Mikagura Gakuen, Hackadoll

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hot damn, Berserk will finally go beyond the Golden Age arc? 2016 will be one hell of a year for anime.

Around the Network

Episode 11 of Sakurako-san annoyed the hell out of me. Everyone being stupid and overacting and the last move by Sakurako just plain doesn't make any sense. I really wanted to give it a 9 but that is gone now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LuckyTrouble said:
Hot damn, Berserk will finally go beyond the Golden Age arc? 2016 will be one hell of a year for anime.

I've waited for some long for it to happen, read through the manga to it's current chapter at 2 seperate occasions but now the wait is over.

My watchlist 2016

D GrayMan

Macross 

Shokugeki No Soma S2

Heroes Academy

Aijin

Accel World S2

Probably forgetting a bunch right at this moment but it is a good time to be an anime fan. LT seen Yowamushi No Pedal?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
LuckyTrouble said:

I've waited for some long for it to happen, read through the manga to it's current chapter at 2 seperate occasions but now the wait is over.

My watchlist 2016

D GrayMan

Macross 

Shokugeki No Soma S2

Heroes Academy

Aijin

Accel World S2

Probably forgetting a bunch right at this moment but it is a good time to be an anime fan. LT seen Yowamushi No Pedal?

I do wish Accel World was actually season 2 and not an original spinoff, but I'll take what I can get from it for now. And I haven't seen Yowamushi no Pedal, but it looks like a solid sport anime, so I'll give it a go. I'm almost caught up with Haikyuu currently anyways.

I don't understand the obsession with Accel World. I found it absolutely boring and had to force myself to watch it until the end. I only watched it in the first place because someone told me it was losely connected to SAO somehow.

vivster said:
I don't understand the obsession with Accel World. I found it absolutely boring and had to force myself to watch it until the end. I only watched it in the first place because someone told me it was losely connected to SAO somehow.

Both are from the same author of the light novels ... 

I definitely found it to be weaker than SAO but I still enjoyed it ...