By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Wow I can't even keep track off all the animes I've watched. Anyways got a question for you I have watched so many animes that I don't even bother to remember every characters name while watching the show. Its even more difficult cause the many of the characters names are hard to read or speak. Does it happen to you too?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
Wow I can't even keep track off all the animes I've watched. Anyways got a question for you I have watched so many animes that I don't even bother to remember every characters name while watching the show. Its even more difficult cause the many of the characters names are hard to read or speak. Does it happen to you too?

It happens to me a lot. I watched over 500 animes now and about 20 new each season and it's pretty hard to remember the names even of the best animes that you watched. The only thing that's left is a good or a bad feeling about certain animes and some mediocre ones just completely fade away from memory.

It's not a bad thing. It doesn't make the better animes less special or have less impact on you. Maybe it even makes the better ones stick out more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SnakeDrake said:

Unless it's a show with western motifs, it'll take me a little while to get used to names. Usually I'll start with nicknames (blonde, glasses, dude with Dio's voice), before using the commonly used name (last name-kun). A few episodes later and I usually get the hang of the MCs at least. It can be confusing when different characters are using different names though, and I lose track of what's the family name and what's the given name.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

vivster said:
SnakeDrake said:

It happens to me a lot. I watched over 500 animes now and about 20 new each season and it's pretty hard to remember the names even of the best animes that you watched. The only thing that's left is a good or a bad feeling about certain animes and some mediocre ones just completely fade away from memory.

It's not a bad thing. It doesn't make the better animes less special or have less impact on you. Maybe it even makes the better ones stick out more.

Yeah I don't know if that's a sign of not giving an anime a chance because your not giving your full attention by not remembering the characters names but then again its the job of the creators to keep us fully invested

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

There is a great anime that shows us how not to make us invested in the anime and actively tries to make us forget or miss things. Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon.

It's a fucking clusterfuck exposition dump with a big enough character zoo to not give a shit about anything. I dare you to watch it without 110% concentration and be able to recall the plot or any of the characters.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
SnakeDrake said:

Unless it's a show with western motifs, it'll take me a little while to get used to names. Usually I'll start with nicknames (blonde, glasses, dude with Dio's voice), before using the commonly used name (last name-kun). A few episodes later and I usually get the hang of the MCs at least. It can be confusing when different characters are using different names though, and I lose track of what's the family name and what's the given name.

Its even worst when names in Japan gives away what relationship you have it someone giving them permission to be able to call you with your first name. 

SnakeDrake said:

I don't bother trying to remember names unless I really like the characters but I also read alot of books, comics, watch tv shows along with gaming and watching anime. Even then, i'll forget a character's name over time. To be honest, I have a bad memory anyway.

Psh, who needs names? I've watched some 100+ episode anime where I'll still refer to a fairly often recurring character as "guy with white hair" or something like that.

Versus_Evil said:
Im finally tackling Naruto Shippuden, im on episode 75/433 gonna carch up before November :3 when does it end? 500 episodes?

Enjoy them fillers :P

Versus_Evil said:
Im finally tackling Naruto Shippuden, im on episode 75/433 gonna carch up before November :3 when does it end? 500 episodes?

It never ends. Ever.