By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
ReimTime said:
I've watched so much Steins Gate in the past few days its not even funny. This is the best thing I've come across in a long time, and that goes for TV and video games. Nothing has kept me this intrigued for a long time. I sing high praise.
That being said I've realized something about my tastes in anime. NHK and Stein's Gate are amazing while I found that KLK dropped off the radar for me, and Haruhi pales in comparison as well. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I think this is a product of the target audience for which the anime was written. I argue that NHK and Steins Gate are written more for adults than kids or teens. The only reason I bring this up is because I would like more suggestions towards anime like SG or NHK. I was thinking Psycho Pass but I haven't done much research into anything really.
Any advice is much appreciated! Y'all are a cool bunch. For once, somewhere on VGC where everyone gets along.

:o You're so lucky that Jizz isn't here right now!

Anyways as for Psycho Pass yeah I'd recommend it. Haven't seen the 2nd season yet but the first was really good. Took a few episodes to really get started but it was well worth watching. As for other recommendations I'd definitely say give Death Note and Mirai Nikki a try. They are both anime much more focused on the story than things like action and fanservice. A really good story as well and with them both being finished already you can just go through and enjoy it without the weekly wait.

Jizz would be out for my soul!

@Jizz I liked Haruhi but I like others better pls understand

Thanks for the suggestions Kapi I'll give all 3 a shot when I get a chance

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ReimTime said:
I've watched so much Steins Gate in the past few days its not even funny. This is the best thing I've come across in a long time, and that goes for TV and video games. Nothing has kept me this intrigued for a long time. I sing high praise.
That being said I've realized something about my tastes in anime. NHK and Stein's Gate are amazing while I found that KLK dropped off the radar for me, and Haruhi pales in comparison as well. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I think this is a product of the target audience for which the anime was written. I argue that NHK and Steins Gate are written more for adults than kids or teens. The only reason I bring this up is because I would like more suggestions towards anime like SG or NHK. I was thinking Psycho Pass but I haven't done much research into anything really.
Any advice is much appreciated! Y'all are a cool bunch. For once, somewhere on VGC where everyone gets along.

Anyways as for Psycho Pass yeah I'd recommend it. Haven't seen the 2nd season yet but the first was really good. Took a few episodes to really get started but it was well worth watching. As for other recommendations I'd definitely say give Death Note and Mirai Nikki a try. They are both anime much more focused on the story than things like action and fanservice. A really good story as well and with them both being finished already you can just go through and enjoy it without the weekly wait.

Yes! Yes to the 3 of them! I think you like those thriller psycological animes, which the story is  pretty "deep" and has a few mind blowing shit that happens. You might like Death Parade as well. And i highly recommend Zetsuen no Tempest (To anyone who also hasnt watched it yet) . Higashi no Eden is pretty unique and creepy as well. And you might like Chaos: Head (I for one hated it, but the mystery behind it could be your taste) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yes! Yes to the 3 of them! I think you like those thriller psycological animes, which the story is  pretty "deep" and has a few mind blowing shit that happens. You might like Death Parade as well. And i highly recommend Zetsuen no Tempest (To anyone who also hasnt watched it yet) . Higashi no Eden is pretty unique and creepy as well. And you might like Chaos: Head (I for one hated it, but the mystery behind it could be your taste) 

Thanks for your help as well! 

#1 Amb-ass-ador

For Psycho Pass, season one is great. Season two is...eh. It isn't as if season two is bad, but it lacks a lot of the things that made season one truly good. Psycho Pass season two is actually one of the first anime that I started watching week by week, and let me tell you, it wasn't the best introduction. :p

So I just finished Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou), and before I delve into the realm of spoilers, I'll give my general spoiler-free review:

Character relationships are interesting, and the representation of reality is almost painful at times, it is so accurate. I was slightly disappointed that, as a romantic comedy, the main character relationship triangle wasn't properly resolved, but most of the character story lines concluded well enough for me to be satisfied. There is enough romance otherwise to be satisfied though, even if it isn't the main romance you were expecting. The show does lose a bit of momentum in the second half, but it manages to build up to a nice finale that completely makes up for the slight lull.

8.7/10

Now my spoilered criticisms:

Now, I mentioned the main character love triangle doesn't get resolved. It actually gets annoying at times how much this follows the more standard formula of dancing around the main romance to try to drag it out. Aoyama fails to actually confess her feelings, Mashiro discovers her feelings and MC recognizes them despite Mashiro having a hard time voicing them, but fails to act, stalling their relationship. The MC manages to be surprised just about every time Aoyama or Mashiro so much as looks at him semi-romantically, no matter how many months pass. This is my big sticking point about the ending, since the MC doesn't end up making his choice despite making so many other leaps to be decisive. This is where Toradora shined, and where Sakurasou fell short.

I also was eager to see about a season two, but apparently the light novels absolutely fall to pieces and ruin everything good that you see in the anime. That is almost impressive in its own right. Not only is a season two unlikely, but even if it happened, it would likely be painful watching character relationships get mutilated as new cast members get plot priority.

I give Sakurasou credit for being a well done story and giving me feels, and I still rate it relatively highly because I enjoyed it start to finish. Even if the main relationship was indecisive, other relationships were, and that was satisfying in its own right.

Around the Network

God eater conclusion in early 2016..
Lol they should have just made it a Fall show

Roronaa_chan said:
God eater conclusion in early 2016..
Lol they should have just made it a Fall show

Yeah i dont know what ufotable is doing with that show. Luckily i stopped watching after they met that girl and fought on the plane (it was a pretty good ep) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

uran10 said:
fatslob-:O said:
uran10 said:

SAO 1 rushed

SAO 1 is most certainly not rushed ... 

I'm sure they adapted the LN perfectly then instead of cramming the huge aincrad arc into 12 episodes... oh wait they did exactly that. That's what you call rushed.

Even so, I like that season of SAO the best.

Ka-pi96 said:
Versus_Evil said:

Reim if want seomething to watch, here's some of my top picks from the last couple of years just of the top of my head

Parasite The Maxim

Oh yeah, definitely this! Amazing anime!

It was very good, could've been great. It lost it's momentum halfway through.

I prefer SAO II cause GGO and Mother's Rosario are my favourite arcs