By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

PixelPerfect said:

Himouto! Umaru-chan - Probably my favorite comedy show of the season, I really enjoyed this show.   The characters were fun, Umaru-chan herself was memorable and the comedy almost always made me laugh.  I have some minor qualms with it, but never did these problems detract from my overall enjoyment of the show 8/10

Bad Pixel! Now go back and watch the whole season of Wakaba Girl and try to dare say that again!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

All the Toradora love here makes me smile. :'D

pokoko said:

Looking forward to more of The Seven Deadly Sins next year.  I need my Diane fix.

The bigger the better. *_*

It sounds like Escanor will appear next season. Which is interesting...since his only appearance in the manga so far has been in the gaiden. Maybe he'll appear in the manga before they get to that point...I just hope there's not too much anime-original content. The manga's been fantastic lately, so I'd really rather they didn't water it down with fillers, or diverge from the canon completely.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

uran10 said:
Jranation said:
SAO S1 - 2012
SAO S2 - 2014

Soooooooooooooooo could a season 3 come out in 2016? But i heard something about the next arc being much longer compared to the others.

Even though i hate sao for being rushed, i still watch it. I guess its because its the only few "game" related animes out there.

SAO 1 rushed

SAO 2 not rushed.

The next arc isn't even finished yet and it is crazy long. SAO 3 will take a while if they want to do the arc in one go. Probably an entire 52 episode anime for it to work. Heck 52 episodes might not be enough. SAO 1 and SAO 2 are 8 LNs and remember that SAO 1 is rushed. so far the current arc is 8 LN long and still has more to go.  We need a lot more http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Alicization_Arc

Okay thats good. I hope the anime adaptation will shows its quality. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

My Summer 2015 Scores: 

Dropped / On Hold: 

Gangsta - Dropped

Arslan Senki - On Hold

God Eater - On Hold

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I've watched so much Steins Gate in the past few days its not even funny. This is the best thing I've come across in a long time, and that goes for TV and video games. Nothing has kept me this intrigued for a long time. I sing high praise.
That being said I've realized something about my tastes in anime. NHK and Stein's Gate are amazing while I found that KLK dropped off the radar for me, and Haruhi pales in comparison as well. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I think this is a product of the target audience for which the anime was written. I argue that NHK and Steins Gate are written more for adults than kids or teens. The only reason I bring this up is because I would like more suggestions towards anime like SG or NHK. I was thinking Psycho Pass but I haven't done much research into anything really.
Any advice is much appreciated! Y'all are a cool bunch. For once, somewhere on VGC where everyone gets along.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
I've watched so much Steins Gate in the past few days its not even funny. This is the best thing I've come across in a long time, and that goes for TV and video games. Nothing has kept me this intrigued for a long time. I sing high praise.
That being said I've realized something about my tastes in anime. NHK and Stein's Gate are amazing while I found that KLK dropped off the radar for me, and Haruhi pales in comparison as well. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I think this is a product of the target audience for which the anime was written. I argue that NHK and Steins Gate are written more for adults than kids or teens. The only reason I bring this up is because I would like more suggestions towards anime like SG or NHK. I was thinking Psycho Pass but I haven't done much research into anything really.
Any advice is much appreciated! Y'all are a cool bunch. For once, somewhere on VGC where everyone gets along.

Does that mean you didn't like it or that you didn't watch it?

Your answer may affect our future correspondence.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
ReimTime said:

I found it a very funny anime, and Ryuko and Mako were great characters. But I just started to find the whole thing over sexualized and over the top to be perfectly honest, so I left off right before Ryuko fought the umbrella lady (the name slips my mind). By no means is it bad, I just lost interest. To answer directly, I liked parts of it and watched most of it

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
vivster said:

I found it a very funny anime, and Ryuko and Mako were great characters. But I just started to find the whole thing over sexualized and over the top to be perfectly honest, so I left off right before Ryuko fought the umbrella lady (the name slips my mind). By no means is it bad, I just lost interest. To answer directly, I liked parts of it and watched most of it

Bolded: Welcome to the exact purpose of Kill la Kill.

LuckyTrouble said:
ReimTime said:
vivster said:

Bolded: Welcome to the exact purpose of Kill la Kill.

Yea I get that it's what it's all about and I was fine with it at first but I think I grew tired of it. I'm still finishing it at some point but I just can't rate it as high as the others mentioned on my personal taste scale.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Rokka no Yuusha FTW!