By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Death Parade is actually quite enjoyable.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

Absolutely incredible season.

Simulcasting

Log Horizon season 2
Durarara x2
Aldnoah Zero season 2
Kancolle (seriously recommend you watch this, it's so fucking good)
Parasyte
You Lie In April (the feel train is nearing it's destination!)
Comical psychosomatic medicine (think I spelt that right)
Assassination Classroom
Tokyo Ghoul Season 2
Rolling Girls
Death Parade

Catch up:

Psycho Pass season 1 & 2
Yuri Yuri
Sa Ra No Wo To (such a charming anime)

Dropped:

World Trigger & Isuca

Anything else anybody recommends!?

can't believe you dropped world trigger :( (just joking, the animation is kinda bad and the plot moves way too slow because they want cliff hanger endings). I don't watch Yaoi or Yuri so certains hows are out, Horror and this young man don't mix so more shows are out and then I just don't feel like picking up more cause what I found sucks hard. You should watch Maria the virgin witch though, that in my top 5 this season, was #2 to assclass for most of the seasons for me, not sure if it still is (it probably still is).

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I've decided that I hate Koufuku Graffiti.  I like it, don't get me wrong, but I also hate it.  These are my reasons:

1 - This show makes me as hungry as hell.  I always end up pausing and going for a snack.
2 - The Erotic Eating Scenes are embarrassing.  Keep in mind that I was once voted Otaku of the Year on one of the larger anime forums (even though I'm not an otaku).  Seriously, I lock my computer room door when I watch it and I live alone.
3 -  I can't remember the third reason.

Versus_Evil said:

Dropped:

World Trigger & Isuca

Anything else anybody recommends!?

Dropped World Trigger around episode 10.  I kind of liked it but it also sucked in so many ways.  Really, I think I watched it because that one girl was adorable.  Isuca got dropped after one episode.

I'm enjoying Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata.  It's a harem anime but it's based on a light novel series and much better written than most harem anime.  All three main girls are getting plenty of character development.  I especially love Kato, the "heroine", because she isn't a cliche character at all.  The anime is about the main character trying to make her into this bishoujou character that you would expect to see in an anime like this but she remains (supposedly) unremarkable.

Shirobako is one of the best produced, best written, and best directed anime I've ever seen.  So many awesome characters, many of whom are based on real people in the anime business.  I wish it could go on forever.  It's so clever and the voice work is superb.

You're not watching Seven Deadly Sins?

If you haven't seen Chihayafuru, go watch it now.  One of the best recent anime by a mile.

How can you call this an amazing season if you don't watch the best anime?

Maria pretty much kicks every other anime's butt this season. Been a long time since I saw such a real, sophisticated and mature anime.

Saekano, Milky Holmes, Yurikuma, Koufuku Graffiti are also all excellent.

Then I'm still very much enjoying Nanatsu no Taizai and Cross Ange.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My favorite anime's this season is Aldnoah Zero, Parasyte and the incredible Nanatsu no Taizai. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-EUELKb9A

Around the Network

Today's episode of Maria... Galfa needs to die now...

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Today's episode of Maria... Galfa needs to die now...

Meh, nothing happened anyway.

Though God still needs to die.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm catching back up with Fairy Tale (II). I stopped watching after the completely crappy situation with Ultear, which pissed me off beyond words.

So far, all I can really say is that I still loathe Natsu as much as ever. He's one of my least favorite protagonists in all of anime and If he says once more that he's going to beat someone up for "making Lucy cry", I'm going to find a way into that dimension and I'm going to stab him in the throat. How can the author be so good at creating supporting characters, yet make the main character so cringe-worthy? I bet the editor had sometime to do with it. I remember reading once that the final product with manga is often like 50% from the editor, more or less depending on the prestige of the mangaka. I can imagine the editor being like, "no, make him a lot more cheezy."

Fairy Tail also has some of the worst fights in anime, though I've heard they're better in the manga. Bad guy beats good guy to pulp, good guy keeps getting up because friendship, good guy levels up friendship power and beats bad guy with one attack. Add "counters by eating opponent's power" for the Natsu final boss fight and that's pretty much it.

Honestly, the show would be a lot better if they killed Natsu off, at least for awhile.

pokoko said:
I'm catching back up with Fairy Tale (II). I stopped watching after the completely crappy situation with Ultear, which pissed me off beyond words.

So far, all I can really say is that I still loathe Natsu as much as ever. He's one of my least favorite protagonists in all of anime and If he says once more that he's going to beat someone up for "making Lucy cry", I'm going to find a way into that dimension and I'm going to stab him in the throat. How can the author be so good at creating supporting characters, yet make the main character so cringe-worthy? I bet the editor had sometime to do with it. I remember reading once that the final product with manga is often like 50% from the editor, more or less depending on the prestige of the mangaka. I can imagine the editor being like, "no, make him a lot more cheezy."

Fairy Tail also has some of the worst fights in anime, though I've heard they're better in the manga. Bad guy beats good guy to pulp, good guy keeps getting up because friendship, good guy levels up friendship power and beats bad guy with one attack. Add "counters by eating opponent's power" for the Natsu final boss fight and that's pretty much it.

Honestly, the show would be a lot better if they killed Natsu off, at least for awhile.

The exact same reasons why I dropped Fairy Tail ages ago ...

I could not stomache Natsu or the nakama power ups by that point ...

pokoko said:

I was hospitalized for a while cause i faceplamed so hard cause in the manga one of those side characters were fighting an enemy and was totally winning by taking away all the side character senses. Needless to say the side character unlocked the sense of friendship to defeat enemy :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share