By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Enjoying so many animes right now. Gonna be hard to top for next season. It has a lot of good animes but I doubt it can match the pure joy factor I get from Yurikuma, Rolling Girls, Maria, Milky Holmes, Death Parade, KanColle, Koufuku Grafitti, Saekano and Idolmaster. Add to that Shirobako and Nanatsu no Taizai and I got the most fun I ever had in a single season.

Usually there are only about 3-4 Animes per season I really enjoy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Picture of the day: Zzz

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Random Picture of the day: Kyoto Ani crossover!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Just can't get enough of this OP. Apart from Death parade, best OP of the season.

View on YouTube

Instant goosebumps for me every time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Just can't get enough of this OP. Apart from Death parade, best OP of the season.

View on YouTube

Yeah!!! The best part was when that mecha girl ( the one with small robots) part =D 

And the Singer's music video for this is really good too

Sadly i dropped the anime =( 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
vivster said:

It's okay. The cinematography's average for an anime especially one that is using CG in its opening so, it's mostly pulled the singer (who also did Amagi Brilliant Park's OP)

The Seven Deadly Sins 2nd OP to me is of similar quality. There are some clearly badly animated portions but the singer (the one who does Log Horizon's OP) pulls it together

Absolute Duo has an oddly well animated opening considering its a relatively simplistic battle harem. 

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

The first OP of Nanatsu no Taizai is actually great. I hate the second one though. The music is ok but I just hate the nonsensical lyrics.

View on YouTube

The OP of Absolute Duo is one of the worst of its kind because it promises something that the anime is so far from delivering.

Another honorable mentions are the OP of Koufuku Grafitti and Rolling Girls.

This is Shaft at its best. I have yet to see any bad OP or ED from Shaft.

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

And how could I forget another great OP.

View on YouTube

Did I mention I love this season?

vivster said:
The first OP of Nanatsu no Taizai is actually great. I hate the second one though. The music is ok but I just hate the nonsensical lyrics.

View on YouTube

The OP of Absolute Duo is one of the worst of its kind because it promises something that the anime is so far from delivering.

Another honorable mentions are the OP of Koufuku Grafitti and Rolling Girls.

This is Shaft at its best. I have yet to see any bad OP or ED from Shaft.

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

And how could I forget another great OP.

View on YouTube

Did I mention I love this season?

Most anime have nonsensical lyrics in the OP. I think you mean that you don't like ones you can understand the words but they don't make sense. And to be fair Nanatsu no Taizai's first OP was even more nonsensical lyrically. It was all about working together and love and all those shounen ideas. It just had a more classical tune. The second OP, [Seven Deadly Sins], is about disregarding desire to press on with what's right, which is what they do. Though the soundtrack is done Hiroyuki Sawano so I'd expect he'd do more vocals tracks, especially with German or English

One thing that Death Parade does with its lyrics is the juxtaposition between them and the show. The lyrics are all about seeking your potential,  yet the show's arbiters don't really factor potential in. 

Also, The Rolling Girls is done by WIT Studio, which did Attack On Titan. I am surprised that everything but Attack on Titan is pretty interesting. I guess if you make bank with your first production, you are a little freer to do interesting stuff

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Random Picture of the day: Happy Valentines Day guys! And heres a bonus since I missed one yesterday!

Random Picture of the day: Working out the Kawaii way