animegaming said:
Mystro-Sama said:
And I thought this site didn't have anime fans? :O

not sure if you ever noticed me but Anime is in my name XD

Cool name lol

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
naruball said:
I have to say, after watching the first two episodes of SAO II, I almost gave up on it. But then I sat through the 3rd one, which didn't impress me and suddenly the 4th one reignited my interest. Now I can't wait for the next one. It was a pretty obvious twist, but for whatever reason I didn't see it coming.

Also, question: am I the only one who absolutely hates Anime openings? They are FULL of spoilers. It's gotten to a point that I always skip them and only go back and watch em when they have a new one. Does anyone else feel this way?

I tend to skip openings until I'm at least a couple of episodes in so I don't spoil myself, but there are some openings out there that are simply unskippable. I watch the Tokyo Ghoul OP each time, for example, since it's just a piece of art in my mind. Very few spoilers in it too, other than some characters that almost all appear within the first two episodes.

That's a perfect example of a great opening theme. Really wish more anime would adopt this model. I assume this is a spoiler free thread, so I'll just say that the latest Fairy Tail opening spoiled the latest episode/saga for me. Do they assume that people have already read the manga so they pretty much know what's gonna happen?

This is my table I made myself in excel over the years.

- I haven't come around to add all producers yet
- genres are sorted from the most prevalent
- high rating doesn't equal fun watch in my system
- bold are my favorite animes
- my system only has a range from 5-10 because I can find merit in any anime
- Kill la Kill is the very first and only Anime to ever get a 10. Before it I never thought it would be possible for any anime to reach a 10
- list does not include movies or OVA only animes
- I've been watching anime since the start of 2010
- some of the 8.5s and especially 8s don't deserve such a high rating. I need to revise this when I change my rating system

I wanted to do this as HTML but that would've been too big. Also the file is quite large(7mb)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

- Kill la Kill is the very first and only Anime to ever get a 10. Before it I never thought it would be possible for any anime to reach a 10
- some of the 8.5s and especially 8s don't deserve such a high rating. I need to revise this when I change my rating system

I wanted to do this as HTML but that would've been too big. Also the file is quite large(7mb)

How dare you give Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters a 5? 

Lol jk, good list, I wish I started one, now I've finished over a hundred animes but don't have a decent list

Should have started making one way sooner, ah well

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Aldnoah and it pales in comparison to Suisei no Gantia.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Lol jk, good list, I wish I started one, now I've finished over a hundred animes but don't have a decent list

Look how much I watched of it. The quality of the anime is bad but I really like Yugioh. A good example why in my rating system the score doesn't equal fun.

The excel table comes with its perks. The file actually consists of numerous pages which compromise my movies/OVA list, statistics, to watch list and a table of my currently watched animes.

Excel makes it really easy to make custom statistics. For example how many minutes I spent with anime. If I average the mean time of an episode at 22 minutes it's  183348 or 4.2 months.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the thread is moving pretty fast for just being posted 6 hours ago

vivster said:
VanceIX said:

Look how much I watched of it. The quality of the anime is bad but I really like Yugioh. A good example why in my rating system the score doesn't equal fun.

The excel table comes with its perks. The file actually consists of numerous pages which compromise my movies/OVA list, statistics, to watch list and a table of my currently watched animes.

Excel makes it really easy to make custom statistics. For example how many minutes I spent with anime. If I average the mean time of an episode at 22 minutes it's  183348 or 4.2 months.

I loved the original Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid. All the others after I never really got into.

That's awesome how you managed to record all your anime list into a spreadsheet though. That's a ton of information!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

I loved the original Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid. All the others after I never really got into.

That's awesome how you managed to record all your anime list into a spreadsheet though. That's a ton of information!

Actually there is even more information but it's hidden, like comments to some of the animes and hidden values for more statistics. It's great because the statistics are automatically updated as I add new animes to the table.

These ones for example

(i hope they are self explanatory)

vivster said:

How come Kill la Kill got a 10?