By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

SnakeDrake said:
Mordred11 said:
I just finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure S1. Holy crap, was it good.
About to watch Stardust Crusaders. Thoughts on it ?

It gets alot crazier and you love the new main character.

Even crazier? How is that possible?

Around the Network

Did someone see the live action Attack on Titans movie? boy that was bad...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Mordred11 said:
SnakeDrake said:
Mordred11 said:
I just finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure S1. Holy crap, was it good.
About to watch Stardust Crusaders. Thoughts on it ?

It gets alot crazier and you love the new main character.

Even crazier? How is that possible?

Cause its JoJo :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Remember to never spoil or else the spoiler fairy will come and hunt you down

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
NiKKoM said:

It was bad? I thought it was received pretty well?

Nope.. Beside the horrible acting, the changes they made are just awfull.. i understand the hate its getting

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Ka-pi96 said:
NiKKoM said:

Nope.. Beside the horrible acting, the changes they made are just awfull.. i understand the hate its getting

So another live action adaptation of an anime was terrible? Did anybody actually expect it to be good? Let's face it, there isn't a very good record for this kind of thing.

LuckyTrouble said:

So another live action adaptation of an anime was terrible? Did anybody actually expect it to be good? Let's face it, there isn't a very good record for this kind of thing.

Have you watched the rurouni kenshin movies? They're great.

LuckyTrouble said:

There have been some very good manga adaptations, though it's less common in the shounen category.

Liar Game was flat-out excellent and did a great job of creating tension.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was just as good as the anime.

Nodame Cantabile was really good.  The actress did an incredible job of capturing Nodame's personality.  Loved it.

Hana Yori Danga's drama version is a classic and they did a great job of showing Tsukushi as an awesome heroine.  The scene where she stood up for herself when everyone was against her was one of the best I've ever come across.

Hana-Kimi is considered one of the best Japanese romantic comedies ever.

Ouran High School Host Club was also really good.

Ah ... okay, so Keizoku 2: SPEC isn't based off manga or anime but it's one of my top 10 favorite television series ever.  With the crazy characters, strange powers, amazing leads, massive conspiracies, and quirky humor, it's just an incredible series that could have been based on a manga.  More people need to experience it.

Edit:

How could I forget Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.

And Yamada and the Seven Witches, which was a lot better than the anime.

LuckyTrouble said:
NiKKoM said:
Ka-pi96 said:
NiKKoM said:

I find the Death Note Movie quite good. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, just went to my usual anime site and saw one called Overlord. From the description it sounds pretty similar to SAO/Log Horizon. Anybody seen it? Is it any good?

I only watched the first episode. It was kind of interesting. I've been meaning to go back. From what I can tell, the only thing it has in common with SAO and Log Horizon is that it's about being inside a video game world (which is also the only thing SAO and Log Horizon really have in common). Maybe somebody else is keeping up that can give a better rundown, but I'd say just watch the first episode and see if you like it.