By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Random Picture of the Day: Ritsu looks quite different without her hairband

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Random Uran gifs of the whenever he feels like it:

Vs

Who wins the tongue war?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Versus_Evil said:

5. So I've been getting my Mrs into anime, I showed her Love Live seasons 1 and 2, and YuruYuri season 1 and 2 (can't wait for season 3) and she liked them alot, so knowing that what do you recommend I show her?

Working! is pretty darn good and Yuyushiki can be fun.

Otherwise, I'd suggest going into some things with a little more story. You could try Romance comedy/drama shows like Pet Girl of Sakurasou or Toradora (however, both of those do have some degree of fanservice to them) or shows that make you cry like Your Lie in April or AnoHana (less fanservice, but a lot of tears).

I'd have to know more about what she likes outside of what you've showed her to make better recommendations.

Versus_Evil said:

Hey guys its been a while since I commented in this thread so ill write one comment instead of multiple.

1. Its a real shame Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Is only 13 episodes, it would be perfect for 24, is there going to be a second season, how much if the manga have they adapted so far?

2. Yamada Kun and Pleadis both dropped, both where building up a backlog, wasn't for me.

3. MY love STORY is excellent

4. Food wars, its like they've changed writer from the first episode (which was still Imo the most extreme) but my god what's its become is awesome!

5. So I've been getting my Mrs into anime, I showed her Love Live seasons 1 and 2, and YuruYuri season 1 and 2 (can't wait for season 3) and she liked them alot, so knowing that what do you recommend I show her?

The Yamada-kun manga is actually very good but they're cramming several arcs into 12 episodes.  Some arcs have taken ONE episode, it's so rushed.  Finding and dealing with each witch takes a lot more time, effort, and character development in the manga.  It's a real shame.

If she likes light-hearted and cute, then look up A-Channel, AIRUA, Minami ke, GJ Club, and Yuyushiki.  They all fall in the Yuru Yuri range.  If you think she'd like romantic comedy with a bit of drama then try Nodame Cantabile, Chihayafuru, or Kimi ne Todoke.  On the flat out hilarious side is Love Lab, Nichijou, Azumanga Daioh, and School Rumble.

A-Channel

There are a lot of idol anime like Love Live but I don't really watch most of them.  I guess the biggest one would be iDOLM@STER / Cinderella Girls.  Aikatsu! is a super-long-running anime about girls trying to be idols but I might be geared a little young for her, I'm not sure.  There was a recent one called Wake Up, Girls! but I know little about it.

Skip Beat! is an excellent anime about a girl trying to become an idol just to get revenge on the guy who dumped her.  It's quite funny but it's also very engaging to watch her find her own identity and make a life for herself after quiting school to support her boyfriend while he pursued his dreams.

I think I figured out what's wrong with Kekkai Sensen. It's not directed and animated by Trigger. The story and characters and the interesting world are nice and all but the studio doesn't seem to know how to present it properly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I think I figured out what's wrong with Kekkai Sensen. It's not dirwcted and animated by Trigger. The story and characters and the interesting world are nice and all but the studio doesn't seem to know how to present it properly.

^ 100% agree! The characters are hilarious, but the dialogue messes my head. Its so hard to know whats happening when they use such technical words Especially how soooo much things are happening, you cant stop and think for a second. It feels like to me the anime is just comedy. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Random Picture of the Day: Close enough

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Random Picture of the Day: Close enough

I heard at the end of the LN that after their wedding she rapes him pretty much to death..... I'm not sure but I do plan to read and find out XD

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Random Picture of the Day: Time girl

Female Gin is way hotter than I would have imagined.

Also, that ending was hilarious.