By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

prinz_valium said:
nice pr spin
"ea acces is exclusive deal with ms, so we cant tell u its a good value"

just for fifa 14 in europe, this would be a very very good deal for ps4 customers
that game was the best selling in europe (and is still selling well). and half of the xbox audience got it for free as online token. bet every ps4 would love that, too

Obviously not as you can read in this thread. Some are happy Sony didn't bring it to PS4 (if they ever had a chance to, we don't know yet).

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Richard_Feynman said:
EA Access is a huge bonus to XBone owners imo.

If I could pay $30 per year just for the new Fifa and a few other games then I'd take that in a heartbeat. It sucks that EA is skipping the PS4 with this, but I think it'll come somewhere down the line.

I think you misunderstand how EA acces works. You don't get the new games as part of the package. What you get is a backlog of EA games and discounts on every new purchase you make, be it games, dlc or even in game currency.

I am happy sony skipped on this, cause this is EA being EA. I give them points for trying, but all this really does is further fragment and already fragmented market. So what if activision decideds to do this, then 2K, then ubisoft. Before you know it we have gamers paying for upwards of 7 different subscriptions services. Why not just make whatever initiative hey are trying to do be part of PS+ and work out a deal with sony instead.

If you are a gamer that will only really buy EA games then fine, I just don't see how this is pro consumer at the end of the day.

Indeed, giving the consumers more options is an anti-consumer business. 

Anyway not giving away new games and discounts on purchases is not so good for 30$ a year

But not giving away new games and discount for 50$ (PS+) is good right ^^'? 

Then we are not even talking about the advantage that people know what they will get for 30$ a year but not with ps plus for 50$ a year..

Things like this was Microsoft's Vision from the start but people did not like it and said they want their gamestops and physical disc. GG Microsoft!

walsufnir said:
prinz_valium said:
nice pr spin

just for fifa 14 in europe, this would be a very very good deal for ps4 customers
that game was the best selling in europe (and is still selling well). and half of the xbox audience got it for free as online token. bet every ps4 would love that, too

Obviously not as you can read in this thread. Some are happy Sony didn't bring it to PS4 (if they ever had a chance to, we don't know yet).

Yeah ikr, good job to Sony for telling off EA and their evil ways.

Vasto said:
Things like this was Microsoft's Vision from the start but people did not like it and said they want their gamestops and physical disc. GG Microsoft!

Yeah I would much rather support this than Gamestop. That's a company that's actually robbing the industry.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
prinz_valium said:
nice pr spin

some people are smart. some people are idiots.

doesnt mean they're right

its just an option. how can options be considerd as only a bad thing. maybe some aspects would be bad. but total bad? dont think so

why does so many people in the microsoft thread like the idea? so xbox and ps gamers are totally different? i dont think so. its a fanboy thing.

on our side its a good thing. on the enemys side its a bad thing. i see this so often for exclusiv contend on multiplats. moneyhatt on one side. great co marketing deal on the other to push sales*

* ofc that does not apply to every opinion or even the majority. but some for sure, act like that

jlmurph2 said:
Vasto said:

Yeah I would much rather support this than Gamestop. That's a company that's actually robbing the industry.

/agree

This has my full support if its what they say it is.

prinz_valium said:
walsufnir said:
prinz_valium said:
nice pr spin

some people are smart. some people are idiots.

doesnt mean they're right

its just an option. how can options be considerd as only a bad thing. maybe some aspects would be bad. but total bad? dont think so

why does so many people in the microsoft thread like the idea? so xbox and ps gamers are totally different? i dont think so. its a fanboy thing.

I was really surprised to read "this is a good thing" from known PS fans. And I am happy about that. But I also had expected the thread to be much bigger if the service was for PS4 but that's only due to the fact that most users here are PS customers.

I can make up my own mind thanks Sony.

I certainly would pay $30 yearly to play Madden, but EA isn't putting the newest Madden on EA access. It's seems like the sports games are a year or 2 older. You can buy a previous year sports game for $10 or less