By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Sunset Overdrive going to boost XB1 sales

Helpful title?

Yes 90 28.66%

No 224 71.34%

Total:314

Yeah..probably but not a massive increase.

Around the Network

According to my "Amazon most wished for items / thread" ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186768&page=1# ), hype for this game is currently pretty low.

It ranks around (already low) Splatoon levels that will only release next year. It doesn't appear to be highly anticipated at the moment. I would not expect much of a boost.

It will move some units but I don't think it'll do much. If a price drop couldn't do much I don't see how a non-Halo/non-shooter will.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

depends on how they market it since it generally unknown game to the gaming masses that dont follow this stuff as close as most of us do.

i know i am buying it at some point, i will have to be picky with all these games coming out and I am not allowed to get anymore overtime at work.

LiquorandGunFun said:
depends on how they market it since it generally unknown game to the gaming masses that dont follow this stuff as close as most of us do.

i know i am buying it at some point, i will have to be picky with all these games coming out and I am not allowed to get anymore overtime at work.

I'm gonna be less impulsive and wait for some good Black Friday deals for a few games.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

I'm gonna be less impulsive and wait for some good Black Friday deals for a few games.

that would be the wiser move, i hope they have some buy 2 get 1 free or better buy one get one free again this year, though i highly doubt it.

LiquorandGunFun said:
jlmurph2 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

that would be the wiser move, i hope they have some buy 2 get 1 free or better buy one get one free again this year, though i highly doubt it.

Anythings possible with Black Friday!! lol 

tbone51 said:

As for Sales overall the game should do well, Splatoon and Sunset Overdrive take the fps to another level so i hope it does well. Only bad thing for this game is the release window is kinda bad, should of been in the beginning of Oct, but might be overshadowed by AC and the other BIG Yearly releases!

Except that neither splatoon nor sunset overdrive is fps, they are tps.

Nothing significant. Its something people are looking forward to, but its not the kind of game that moves hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

small bump

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!