By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Were we too quick to judge Tomodachi Life's sales in the west?

Tagged games:

For the life of me I couldn't understand why so many seemed to be saying this game was too niche to do well in the West...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Yes, it has been doing pretty well. I expected this to be a leggy title instead of a front-loaded one obviously, but it's doing a bit better than I thought it would every week.

I guess it's because of the hilarious Direct they had .

It IS increasing and fast so I am happy :)

This is why Japan needs to stop being stingy with their games.

KLXVER said:
Yes and we have all learned a valuable lesson.

Anyways, PS4 will sell 100 million by years end and Smash Bros. will include a free blowjob.

I'll hold you to that.

Around the Network

The target audience (older girls and grown up women) slowly begin to realize that the game exists. The slow start was caused by completely failed marketing. How can you market such a game to small children, what did the Nintendo marketing guys think?

Any person of the target audience that saw the ad got immediately scared away because it is uncool to play games made for small children as a grown up women. But this game was not made for small children at all, the girls from the ad can not even understand or enjoy it.

Remember that digital sales are high and I hope everyone learned not to judge things too fast. Not only with this but also with stuff like PS4 selling so fast etc

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!