By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The advantages of a gaming console over a gaming PC

Well Sony is in serious financial difficulty and MS's core business is software not console gaming so i could see Nintendo being the last man standing as it were.

Around the Network

With patches and updates on console I fail to see how it is any easier to play barring the increasingly rare compatibility issues on PC. Additionally, I'll never understand the cost issue. I was going to buy a PC anyway, the extra $350 I spent upgrading it was well worth it in order to save hundreds on games.

My one and only reason: console gaming is more socially acceptable.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The article shows a rather week effort to try (or perhaps not) to be objective, but in the end it's written by a PC gamer and it shows rather well. It's a bad piece to show the advantages of consoles vs PCs IMO.

sales2099 said:

If you say so.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
sales2099 said:

If you say so.

it goes in phases, back in 2007 it was the cool things thanks to the Wii, I do feel like right now less adults my age play consoles... oh well their loss.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
VanceIX said:
sales2099 said:

If you say so.

it goes in phases, back in 2007 it was the cool things thanks to the Wii, I do feel like right now less adults my age play consoles... oh well their loss.

I guess you don't watch all the professional twitch/yt people who play games for fvarious charities etc. Or the whole team who does the Red VS Blue series.

Far more portable and easy to use for a start. The fact they are cheap, have proper online communities and are supported better with exclsuives etc. Make it better. The only thing I want from PC gaming is to have modding on console games. It must be possible by now

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

archer9234 said:
bigjon said:
VanceIX said:
sales2099 said:

If you say so.

I guess you don't watch all the professional twitch/yt people who play games for fvarious charities etc. Or the whole team who does the Red VS Blue series.

I am referring to my peers, not some people I dont know who stream video games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
archer9234 said:
bigjon said:
VanceIX said:
sales2099 said:

If you say so.

I am referring to my peers, not some people I dont know who stream video games.

So you're talking about the group of people you know. Doesn't mean the rest of the world is the same.