By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The advantages of a gaming console over a gaming PC

http://plebegaming.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/the-advantages-of-gaming-consoles-over-gaming-pcs/

TL;DR: Everything is simpler with a console, from obtaining it to playing it.

Trying to inform a #pcmasterrace follower that consoles have advantages over PCs is like trying to explain the minutiae of space travel to a rabid, legless ocelot. That factors outside of resolutions and frame rate could affect a purchase is lost on them as they futilely try to maul your face.

Around the Network

You know nothing, john snow.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Experimental42 said:

http://plebegaming.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/the-advantages-of-gaming-consoles-over-gaming-pcs/

TL;DR: Everything is simpler with a console, from obtaining it to playing it.

Perhaps you should read it. The article ain't that black and white as you think.

"However, things are changing. Each new console comes out with a plethora of new features, all of which move it closer and closer to a PC. Watching the reveals for the PS4 and XB1 made me think they could have combined both and call the show “Shit you can already do better on PC.”"

Both consoles and PCs have their advantages and disadvantages, and they are growing closer together each console generation while both advantages and disadvantages shrink.

And comparing people who prefer PCs over consoles for gaming to "rabid, legless ocelot"? Really? Great way to start a discussion!

Simple, future proof and exclusives makes console preferred by many.

Conina said:

And comparing people who prefer PCs over consoles for gaming to "rabid, legless ocelot"? Really? Great way to start a discussion!

I wasn't comparing PC players to anything. I was comparing the people who take the PC Master Race thing too seriously and are the PC equivalents of "console warriorz" to legless, rabid ocelots. Which is kind of legitimate. Both try to attack you by fairly impotent means.

Around the Network

nah consoles are becoming more and more like PCs. I would agree consoles of old were much simpler and plug and play.

Now consoles have patches, updates and full installs. It is getting to a stage where it is easier to manage all your patches and updates on a pc. Try managing those on a console. Or getting them again later when gen moves on to next or its taken down after a few years.

Experimental42 said:
Conina said:

I wasn't comparing PC players to anything. I was comparing the people who take the PC Master Race thing too seriously and are the PC equivalents of "console warriorz" to legless, rabid ocelots. Which is kind of legitimate. Both try to attack you by fairly impotent means.

then aren't you no better?

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

justgames7604 said:

then aren't you no better?

Never said I was.

I get to listen PCMASTERRACE OMG SCRUB BURN PS4 every single day, I don't mind calling them out and comparing them to a furry ball of impotent rage. Especially if it's accurate.

"The advantages of gaming consoles"....
Huh... I never knew there were consoles not ment for gaming lolll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I will always enjoy consoles more for its simplicity.

Also, so many things can go wrong with a pc, while much less can go wrong with a console.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda